Cwdjrx _

Default TN Chateau Latour 1971

Michael Broadbent has tasted Latour 1971 20 times. Even after this, he
rates it as ***? out of ***** star "I really can't make it out." Some
bottles tasted were rather tannic and astringent. His last note was for
Sept 1999.

Tannic and astringent well describe this wine when I tasted it about 10
years ago. However it has now evolved. The color is deep showing little
age around the rim. It has an intense bouquet of cassis with some herbal
character - very Cabernet Sauvignon in character. There is now good
fruit balanced by acidity on entry. The fruit remains, but there is some
rather dry tannin that builds. It seems to coat your mouth somewhat as
did the tea that was too strong and brewed too long that an old aunt
used to make. This is very much a food wine, and can stand up to very
fat lamb and such. This 1971 is not up to the outstanding 1970, but with
the right food I can not complain about it much.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.

TN: Chateau Petrus 1971 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 12-12-2011 10:02 PM
Chateau Latour 1964 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 20-07-2010 04:49 PM
1966 Chateau Latour Professor[_3_] Wine 3 25-02-2008 09:36 PM
Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1971 [email protected] Wine 6 08-03-2006 02:00 AM
Chateau Latour 1959 [email protected] Wine 10 17-04-2005 07:05 PM