Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1971

I've received from my gd father 12 bottles of Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem
1971 and 12 bottle Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1977. Can anyone enlighten
me about the price that i can try to obtain for these bottles properly
stored and well preserved ?

Thank you in advance

Giorgio

Posted to alt.food.wine

> asked.....

> I've received from my gd father 12 bottles
> of Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1971 and
> 12 bottle Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1977.
> Can anyone enlighten me about the price that i can
> try to obtain for these bottles properly
> stored and well preserved ?

Try: http://www.wine-searcher.com/ for current retail prices.

As to what you may realise, that depends on how/where/if you can sell them
(by auction or otherwise) in Italy or elsewhere in the EU.

At auction, you may fetch about 50%-60% of retail for wines with verifiable
provenance.

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>> Please note, on IHV we get at least one message a day from
>> people
>> that have never before posted but have found a stash of
>> goodies in
>> their granfather's attic, for this purpose I prepared an
>> automated
>> value calculator that can fulfill all these requests with
>> great
>> precision. It is in italian, so Giorgio, you will find it very
>> user
>> friendly

> Oops forgot the link:
> http://www.thewineblog.net/baccavinocalc/

Time to fix an english version, methinks
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thank you very much

Posted to alt.food.wine

Where are these wines located?---Country, city.

If they are in Europe--I'm sure Sr. Tomassi can assist you
In the US I know of a merchant in Maryland who collects d'Yquem and charges
his friends a reasonable price for older bottles. I've bought many older
wines from him
If I recall the 1971 is wonderful, don't recall the 1977--I had a d'Yquem
vertical tasting in the early 1980s--I don't think the 1977 was there--you
need to keep at least one bottle of the 1971--the 1977 was not a good year
for any sauterne but its a d'Yquem and quantifiably better than any of
sauterne from that vintage. You may want to insist that any buyer purchase
both vintages once you determine current prices.

The 1971 is one of the wines I'd have if I only had a few months to
live.............

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> > asked.....
>
> > I've received from my gd father 12 bottles
> > of Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1971 and
> > 12 bottle Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1977.
> > Can anyone enlighten me about the price that i can
> > try to obtain for these bottles properly
> > stored and well preserved ?
> >

> Try: http://www.wine-searcher.com/ for current retail prices.
>
> As to what you may realise, that depends on how/where/if you can sell them
> (by auction or otherwise) in Italy or elsewhere in the EU.
>
> At auction, you may fetch about 50%-60% of retail for wines with

verifiable
> provenance.
>
> --
>
> st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mike Tommasi" > skrev i melding
> Mike Tommasi wrote:
>>
>> Please note, on IHV we get at least one message a day from people that
>> have never before posted but have found a stash of goodies in their
>> granfather's attic, for this purpose I prepared an automated value
>> calculator that can fulfill all these requests with great precision. It
>> is in italian, so Giorgio, you will find it very user friendly

Splendid, now I know that my Ch. Latour 1970 is worth all of 36.75 Euro - do
you really say Euri in Italy?
:-)
Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article .com>, g.
says...

>I've received from my gd father 12 bottles of Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem
>1971 and 12 bottle Sauterne Chateau d'Yquem 1977. Can anyone enlighten
>me about the price that i can try to obtain for these bottles properly
>stored and well preserved ?
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>Giorgio

Well, you have been gifted one of the most age-worthy, and supreme white wines
in the world. Your Godfather must be very proud of you, and has excellent
tastes in wines.

As has been stated, the '71 is an excellent wine, and any d'Yequem is going to
be good. They abstain from producing it in BAD years, so the '77 will most
likely be great.

As some have stated, I would strongly suggest that you keep half of each case,
if you do sell. The storage will dictate the price, but Sauternes are very
hearty wines. If it were me, I could not part with a single bottle, especially
as they were a well-thoughtout gift, but that is just me. I would locate tons
of goose liver, sear it, and serve it in a thousand different ways, just to
sample this wine, over, and over, and over. (Some here might shy away from the
goose liver with Sauternes, but I AM a big fan. That is why the waistband on
my trousers keeps expanding!)

One question: are these 0.375, or 0.750? The aging potential might be a bit
higher with the 0.750's, though either should be great.

Send the most heartfelt and gracious thank you to your Godfather.

Hunt

PS if you are ever in the SW of the USA, I will be glad to take a few bottles
of each off of you, or, at worst, provide the goose livers, and drink a few
with you!

TN: Chateau Petrus 1971 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 12-12-2011 11:02 PM
TN Chateau d'Yquem 1970 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 26-10-2009 04:44 AM
TN Chateau d'Yquem 1970 [email protected] Wine 1 28-11-2005 03:09 PM
TN Chateau Latour 1971 Cwdjrx _ Wine 0 19-12-2004 11:59 PM
Pairing for 1971 Ch. D'Yquem? David Revelle Wine 10 10-10-2004 07:31 AM