Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2005 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Mes Cinq Terroirs

I've been fortunate to have been able to follow this wine through it's maturation over the years as I was able to buy a couple cases on release at a very attractive price. The 2005 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Mes Cinq Terroirs is a village wine from five different parcels all with pretty good pedigrees. On release it was a bit oaky,fruit forward and brimming with solid Pinot flavors. Minerality and acidity were there but we masked by the exuberant fruit. Things have changed however and as the wine has matured balance has taken over and the wine has a tyrpical Gevrey nose of red earth minerals and a noce sleek acidity. Cherry and berry flavors are still in abundance but have become a bit muted over time. The wine is maturing but not old and is in a good place for me. B+
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 2:10:46 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> I've been fortunate to have been able to follow this wine through it's maturation over the years as I was able to buy a couple cases on release at a very attractive price. The 2005 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Mes Cinq Terroirs is a village wine from five different parcels all with pretty good pedigrees. On release it was a bit oaky,fruit forward and brimming with solid Pinot flavors. Minerality and acidity were there but we masked by the exuberant fruit. Things have changed however and as the wine has matured balance has taken over and the wine has a tyrpical Gevrey nose of red earth minerals and a noce sleek acidity. Cherry and berry flavors are still in abundance but have become a bit muted over time. The wine is maturing but not old and is in a good place for me. B+

His final vintage, correct? Sad story, but nice wine
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 11:17:02 AM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 2:10:46 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > I've been fortunate to have been able to follow this wine through it's maturation over the years as I was able to buy a couple cases on release at a very attractive price. The 2005 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Mes Cinq Terroirs is a village wine from five different parcels all with pretty good pedigrees. On release it was a bit oaky,fruit forward and brimming with solid Pinot flavors. Minerality and acidity were there but we masked by the exuberant fruit. Things have changed however and as the wine has matured balance has taken over and the wine has a tyrpical Gevrey nose of red earth minerals and a noce sleek acidity. Cherry and berry flavors are still in abundance but have become a bit muted over time. The wine is maturing but not old and is in a good place for me. B+

> His final vintage, correct? Sad story, but nice wine

Yes, his last. Interesting that we visited Bernard Loiseau at his Cote d'Or restaurant in Salieu and then visited Loiseau's good friend Denis Mortet on that same trip while we were there in Burgundy. A few months later Bernard tragically took his life when he lost a Michelin star and not long afterwards Denis followed suit when allegedly he was depressed over his wine.