Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pink Champers and Mature St Emilion

I've been overwhelmed at work lately so it was nice to get home to a nice dinner. My wife went to our favorite sushi place and picked up some Toro and spicy tuna roll with quail egg which we enjoyed with NV Rene Geoffroy Rose de Saignee (disgorged March 2013) a delightful rose Champagne. Nose of strawberry and cherry, flavors of raspberry, cherry, earthy minerality and very full and fine mousse. I would highly recomend trying this unique Champagne. "A"

For dinner my wife picked up dry aged Delmonico steaks and we grilled them with romaine salad and fresh green beans. With the steaks I opened a 1996 Tertre Roteboeuf St Emilion. It was the last of a case I bought on release and it was fantastic. Just a hint of brick, opulent nose of cassis followed by mushroom, cedar and tobacco. It was perfectly aged for my tastes as it was still quite fruit forward but tertiary complexity that comes rom mature Bordeaux was all there. Ripe with the impression of sweetness, smooth and supple tannins and layers of complex flavors. "A"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 3:09:31 PM UTC+2, Bi!! wrote:
> For dinner my wife picked up dry aged Delmonico steaks and we grilled them with romaine salad and fresh green beans. With the steaks I opened a 1996 Tertre Roteboeuf St Emilion. It was the last of a case I bought on release and it was fantastic. Just a hint of brick, opulent nose of cassis followed by mushroom, cedar and tobacco. It was perfectly aged for my tastes as it was still quite fruit forward but tertiary complexity that comes rom mature Bordeaux was all there. Ripe with the impression of sweetness, smooth and supple tannins and layers of complex flavors. "A"

Sounds like a wine Id very much like, and very unlike other st emilions I've had. Maybe it is not so good to drink a st emilion very young (the year its released).

"All mature wines taste of more than just fruit. Mature wines neverassault your senses with simply one flavor, sensation or aroma. They own amultitude of notes that can enthrall your palate like a veritable symphony..." aesthete8 Wine 3 11-01-2011 01:56 PM
"I also think that mature wines have much more savory tones thanyoung wines, which lean much on fruit, thus making mature wines muchfriendlier to a varied menu." aesthete8 Wine 8 05-11-2010 02:12 AM
Champers, Chablis, Cal Cab Bi!! Wine 2 18-06-2010 03:41 PM
TN: white and pink Burgundy, pink Sekt, Beaujolais DaleW Wine 0 12-04-2009 04:22 PM
TN: '06 ESJ pink, '05 Lussac-St.Emilion DaleW Wine 3 10-01-2008 05:15 PM