Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Chards, 1 Chard blend, 1 St Julien, 1 Trollinger

Tuesday was wineless, so happy to have a small dinner for Betsy's niece (home for spring break) Wednesday. Smoked salmon appetizers, salad, shrimp risotto

2013 JP Brun/Terres Dorees Beaujolais Blanc
Fresh, crisp and clean, with a floral topnote over pit and apple fruit. Lovely and a fine value. B+

2013 Cazin "Le Petit Chambord" Cheverny
Light, citrus, clean. I think based on past vintages this is SB/Chrd. Nice, easy to like. B

Thursday I dug a path through melting snow to my Weber, first time I'd grilled in a while. Grilled skirt steak and squash, with brown rice and kimchee.. Wine was the 2002 Ch. Gloria, Soft acids, a little tannin, black & red plums backed with a little mocha. Pleasant enough, but not really drawing interest. Maybe an awkward period, but I think there's just not a lot of there there. B-/C+

Friday was black snapper roasted with tomato and olives, a barley/quinoa dish made with corned beef/cabbage broth, and spinach. Wine was the 2012 Christian Moreau "Vaillons- Cuvee Guy Moreau" Chablis 1er. Good acids, full, flinty mineral note over white fruits. With air some citrus and maybe a hint of vanilla, but no real overt oak aromas. Bigger style of Chablis. B+/A-

Saturday Betsy made Bolognese sauce over pasta, and I opened the 2013 Knauss Trollinger (Wurttemberg). OK, so it's not Italian, but it's same grape as Schiava. Light, good acids, juicy and easy. Could have used a bit more body for this dish, but I could see this as a summer picnic red. B

swiss chards Todd Diabetic 14 15-03-2013 07:12 PM
3 Chards Bi!! Wine 2 18-01-2011 04:36 PM
2 Chards Bi!! Wine 2 12-01-2010 08:28 PM
A Few Chards with Dinner Bi!! Wine 12 05-04-2007 12:20 PM
Old Chards Bill Spohn Wine 8 23-12-2003 06:55 AM