Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Is Stag's Leap SLV to my taste?

I see that the store that has Stags Leap Fay and SLV is selling out their stock. It is still 110$ even with the 30% off. I dont know if the cheaper FAY is also in the sale. I visited the winery 11 years ago and if I remember correctly it was Cask 23 I liked best and brought home. I dont remember the SLV.

I dont know if someone who is well wandered in California cabs understand my tastes yet. Of the good cabs I noted two groups of them; the brighter fruit, hints of grass sometimes, and the broken down black fruit, dusty types that I prefer.

Examples of the type I Prefer:

Beringer Private Reserve
BV Clone 4
Sequoia Grove Morisoli
Sequoia Grove Rutherford Reserve
Kendal Jackson trace Ridge Knights Valley
Beringer Quantum
Beringer Knights Valley

Examples of the type that might still be good, but I like lesser than the above:

Sequoia Grove Cambrium, StageCoach and Lameroax
BV Clone 6
Beringer's Napa Valley Cab
BV Tapestry
K.J. Stature
Rodney Strong
Raymond Cabernet

With this in mind, would SLV or FAY be up there with the first group? Whats the common denominator of those I prefer?

And while we are at it, which ones of the others I have seen around in Denmark would?

Ramey Napa Cab
Phelps Napa Cab
Insignia
Mondavi Napa Cab
Napanook
Dominus
Arietta Napa Cab
Staglin Rutherford Cab and Salus Cab
Freemark Napa Cab

Anybody know Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Hands of Time? Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 0 04-12-2015 06:51 AM
Stag's Leap sold Man-Ho Chu[_2_] Wine 0 02-08-2007 03:42 PM
Pine Ridge Stag's Leap Chard '99 DaleW Wine 1 23-03-2005 01:53 PM
Pine Ridge Stag's Leap Vineyard '98 Ed Rasimus Wine 3 28-02-2005 01:22 AM
Selection Estate Stag's Leap Merlot Ralph Winemaking 7 14-02-2004 07:23 PM