Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 06 white Burg, 98 St Emilion, 99 Clos St Denis, etc

Betsy wanted to make something for a friend Friday so did a double recipe of chicken with shallots. She used up some Trimbach PG, plus most of a bottle of 2012 Sartarelli Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico. White fruits, apple blossom, other floral notes, nice acidic balance, quite happy as an inexpensive cooking wine. B-/B

Dinner wine was the 1999 G. Castagnier Clos St Denis. LIght for Grand Cru, but a pleasant focused wine. Black cherry, earth, a nice ferric mineral note. I liked this a lot, but blind might have guessed a very nice village or lesser 1er Chambolle or Vosne. B+

Saturday I made a run to farmer's market, Betsy made a great dinner of John Dory,snow peas, rice, and claytonia (miner's lettuce). A bottle of 2011 Tremblay Chablis VV was corked, the replacement was 2006 Jean-Noël Gagnard "Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru. Ripe yellow fruits, approaching overripe, needs more acid. B-/C+

Local market had gotten some prime beef in for holidays, Sunday between rainstorms I grilled a ribeye abd some king oyster mushrooms, sauteed green beans in goose fat, and made an Asian accented slaw. By time Betsy got back from city dinner was ready and I had decanted the 1998 Beausejour-Becot (St. Emilion) .Midbodied, some tannin, black plums with cedar, mushrooms, mocha.. Moderate acids, good but not great length. Considering vintage a slight disappointment, though I liked it well enough. B/B+

TN: Good Loires & Champagne, plus Burg, St Emilion, and CA reds Emery Davis[_3_] Wine 4 15-11-2014 04:57 PM
TN: cooked white Burg, good white Burg, Barolo DaleW Wine 2 03-07-2011 12:47 PM
TN: value white Burg- Pernot DaleW Wine 2 01-12-2010 02:34 PM
White Burg, Cal Cab Bi!! Wine 0 13-08-2010 06:54 PM
TN: white Burg, high and low DaleW Wine 0 05-03-2010 08:58 PM