Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2010 Roar Rosella's Vineyard Pinot Noir

During my trip last fall to Carmel/Monterrey I visited a number of
Pinot/Chardonnay makers and I've been tasting through the wines I
bought. Last night I opened a bottle of 2010 Roar Rosella's Vineyard
Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. Generally these wines have
great aromatics and the attributes of Calfornia fruit that is so
attractive. The wine is a dark purple in the glass. Nose of black
cherry,blackberry, Asian spices and black dirt. Medium weight with
great fruit intensity showing charries and black fruits in a round
package with a nice acidic lift on the finish. "B-/A+
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, May 10, 2013 7:54:28 AM UTC-6, Bi!! wrote:
> During my trip last fall to Carmel/Monterrey I visited a number of
>
> Pinot/Chardonnay makers and I've been tasting through the wines I
>
> bought. Last night I opened a bottle of 2010 Roar Rosella's Vineyard
>
> Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. Generally these wines have
>
> great aromatics and the attributes of Calfornia fruit that is so
>
> attractive. The wine is a dark purple in the glass. Nose of black
>
> cherry,blackberry, Asian spices and black dirt. Medium weight with
>
> great fruit intensity showing charries and black fruits in a round
>
> package with a nice acidic lift on the finish. "B-/A+

And we just bought two bottles of Pinot Noir from Rosellas Vineyards in the Applegate Valley of Oregon.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 11:17*am, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Friday, May 10, 2013 7:54:28 AM UTC-6, Bi!! wrote:
> > During my trip last fall to Carmel/Monterrey I visited a number of

> > Pinot/Chardonnay makers and I've been tasting through the wines I

> > bought. *Last night I opened a bottle of 2010 Roar Rosella's Vineyard

> > Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. *Generally these wines have

> > great aromatics and the attributes of Calfornia fruit that is so

> > attractive. *The wine is a dark purple in the glass. *Nose of black

> > cherry,blackberry, Asian spices and black dirt. Medium weight with

> > great fruit intensity showing charries and black fruits in a round

> > package with a nice acidic lift on the finish. *"B-/A+

> And we just bought two bottles of Pinot Noir from Rosellas Vineyards in the Applegate Valley of Oregon.

The Santa Lucia Rosella is Rosella Franscioni, wife of Gary Franscioni
who owns in conjunction with Gary Pisoni, Garys' Vineyard a fairly
famous Pinot Vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, May 10, 2013 11:31:20 AM UTC-6, Bi!! wrote:
> On May 10, 11:17*am, lleichtman > wrote:
>
> > On Friday, May 10, 2013 7:54:28 AM UTC-6, Bi!! wrote:

> > > During my trip last fall to Carmel/Monterrey I visited a number of

> > > Pinot/Chardonnay makers and I've been tasting through the wines I

> > > bought. *Last night I opened a bottle of 2010 Roar Rosella's Vineyard

> > > Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands. *Generally these wines have

> > > great aromatics and the attributes of Calfornia fruit that is so

> > > attractive. *The wine is a dark purple in the glass. *Nose of black

> > > cherry,blackberry, Asian spices and black dirt. Medium weight with

> > > great fruit intensity showing charries and black fruits in a round

> > > package with a nice acidic lift on the finish. *"B-/A+

> > And we just bought two bottles of Pinot Noir from Rosellas Vineyards in the Applegate Valley of Oregon.

> The Santa Lucia Rosella is Rosella Franscioni, wife of Gary Franscioni
>
> who owns in conjunction with Gary Pisoni, Garys' Vineyard a fairly
>
> famous Pinot Vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands.

And the Rosella of Applegate Valley is also the wife.