Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Last 1990 Lynch Bages

I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
release with grilled filets of venison. Still dark and youthful in
the glass. Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
whiff of typical LB brett. Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. Wonderful stuff.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 19, 12:12*pm, "Dale W" > wrote:
> nice (but sad it's last one). I've enjoyed a few bottles of this
>
> "Bi!!" *wrote in message

> I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> release with grilled filets of venison. *Still dark and youthful in
> the glass. *Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> whiff of typical LB brett. *Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. *Wonderful stuff.

FWIW, it still has another 10 years of prime drinking left.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 4/18/13 4:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> release with grilled filets of venison. Still dark and youthful in
> the glass. Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> whiff of typical LB brett. Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. Wonderful stuff.

Nice note, Bill. I wish that I still had any of mine.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 19, 1:26*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 4/18/13 4:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> > release with grilled filets of venison. *Still dark and youthful in
> > the glass. *Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> > whiff of typical LB brett. *Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> > a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. *Wonderful stuff.

> Nice note, Bill. *I wish that I still had any of mine.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

The good news is it's fairly easily obtainable. The bad news is...it
retails for over $300.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Yippee! I have 4 left. 5 89s, too.

TN: 1989 Ch. Lynch-Bages MarcB Wine 7 04-10-2007 06:01 AM
TN:1990 Lynch Bages Bi!! Wine 2 18-02-2007 01:17 AM
TN: 1997 Lynch-Bages Mark Lipton Wine 0 03-09-2005 06:50 AM
1989 Lynch Bages (TN) Marc Branch Wine 4 01-12-2004 11:58 PM
TN: 1989 Ch. Lynch Bages Marc Branch Wine 2 02-10-2003 09:10 AM