FoodBanter.com

-   -   Last 1990 Lynch Bages (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/423775-last-1990-lynch-bages.html)

Bi!! 18-04-2013 09:06 PM

Last 1990 Lynch Bages

I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
release with grilled filets of venison. Still dark and youthful in
the glass. Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
whiff of typical LB brett. Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. Wonderful stuff.

Bi!! 19-04-2013 06:01 PM

Last 1990 Lynch Bages

On Apr 19, 12:12*pm, "Dale W" > wrote:
> nice (but sad it's last one). I've enjoyed a few bottles of this
>
> "Bi!!" *wrote in message

> I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> release with grilled filets of venison. *Still dark and youthful in
> the glass. *Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> whiff of typical LB brett. *Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. *Wonderful stuff.

FWIW, it still has another 10 years of prime drinking left.

Mark Lipton[_1_] 19-04-2013 06:26 PM

Last 1990 Lynch Bages

On 4/18/13 4:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> release with grilled filets of venison. Still dark and youthful in
> the glass. Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> whiff of typical LB brett. Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. Wonderful stuff.

Nice note, Bill. I wish that I still had any of mine. :(

Mark Lipton

Bi!! 19-04-2013 08:41 PM

Last 1990 Lynch Bages

On Apr 19, 1:26*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 4/18/13 4:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I drank my last bottle of 1990 Lynch Bages from a case I bought on
> > release with grilled filets of venison. *Still dark and youthful in
> > the glass. *Nose of crushed berries, cassis a bit of cigarbox and a
> > whiff of typical LB brett. *Smooth and supple, deep with black fruits
> > a bit of coffee and tobacco and a nice minerality. *Wonderful stuff.

> Nice note, Bill. *I wish that I still had any of mine. :(
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

The good news is it's fairly easily obtainable. The bad news is...it
retails for over $300.

Marc Branch 24-04-2013 02:09 PM

Last 1990 Lynch Bages

Yippee! I have 4 left. 5 89s, too.