Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Decent QPR SA Chenin Blanc, excellent QPR Beaujolais

ith flounder poached in a white/caper sauce, the 2012 Secateurs Chenin Blanc. I don’t drink much South African CB, but enjoyed this. On the simple side, but nice lemony citrus fruit with a wooly Chenin note. Worth it's $12 tag, B/B-

Spring seems to be here, with the added bonus of DST abd I grilled some peppers and some herb rubbed pork chops while Betsy prepared potatoes, broccoli, and salad. Wine was the 2011 Vissoux “Cuvee Traditionelle” Beaujolais. Fairly big and tannic for a straight Beaujolais, but while tight to start it opens up into a lovely glass of Gamay. Cherries and raspberries, spice, a little smokey edge. Full, zesty acids, good length. I think I need more of this! B++

wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a
party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of
objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
Posted to alt.food.wine

When putting bottle in recylcing, realized the Secateurs is the particular wine, the winery is Badenhorst Family.

TN: 2 Syrahs, 1 Chenin Blanc DaleW Wine 1 25-02-2011 06:39 PM
TN: Man Chenin Blanc Godzilla Monster Wine 0 05-06-2009 01:34 PM
Man Chenin Blanc Godzilla Monster Wine 0 01-06-2009 11:51 PM
TN: '05 Husch Chenin Blanc Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 21-04-2007 03:19 AM
Something floating in Chenin Blanc Kimi Wine 5 05-01-2004 02:59 AM