Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2 older Bordeaux

Met some friends for dinner last night. Started with 2002 Dom
Perignon as we were celebrating a 60th birthday. The wine was typical
DP style with a subtle fruitiness, apples and citrus with a background
of buttered toast. "B+"

2010 Far Niente Napa Valley Chardonnay-nice nose of lemon zest and
flowers. Nicely balanced on the palate, light tropical fruit notes,
lemons and just a touch of oaky vanilla. "B"

1982 Chateau Margaux-Not the best bottle I've ever had...I chalked it
up to storage conditions. Faint brickish cast and somewhat light
colored in the glass. Unmistakable Maugaux perfume on the nose,
highly floral, a bit of spicebox, cedar and sweet red fruits. Very
elegant on the palate, firm acidic backbone, mature flavors of
tobacco, cedar and leather with an underlying sweetness. "B+"

1995 Chateau Lafite-dark purple with no signs of age. Tight nose
mostly wet gravel. Even after two hours of decanting the wine was
still quite tight. Cassis, tar and a strong minerally iron finish.
Still quite young the wine needs at least another 5-8 years. "B+"
Member

Wink

You are lucky to taste that older Bordeaux
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:42:52 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> Met some friends for dinner last night. Started with 2002 Dom
> Perignon as we were celebrating a 60th birthday. The wine was typical
> DP style with a subtle fruitiness, apples and citrus with a background
> of buttered toast. "B+"
>
> 2010 Far Niente Napa Valley Chardonnay-nice nose of lemon zest and
> flowers. Nicely balanced on the palate, light tropical fruit notes,
> lemons and just a touch of oaky vanilla. "B"
>
> 1982 Chateau Margaux-Not the best bottle I've ever had...I chalked it
> up to storage conditions. Faint brickish cast and somewhat light
> colored in the glass. Unmistakable Maugaux perfume on the nose,
> highly floral, a bit of spicebox, cedar and sweet red fruits. Very
> elegant on the palate, firm acidic backbone, mature flavors of
> tobacco, cedar and leather with an underlying sweetness. "B+"
>
> 1995 Chateau Lafite-dark purple with no signs of age. Tight nose
> mostly wet gravel. Even after two hours of decanting the wine was
> still quite tight. Cassis, tar and a strong minerally iron finish.
> Still quite young the wine needs at least another 5-8 years. "B+"

sorry you didn't think 82 Margaux was pristine, but nice report.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 28, 4:19*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:42:52 AM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > Met some friends for dinner last night. *Started with 2002 Dom
> > Perignon as we were celebrating a 60th birthday. *The wine was typical
> > DP style with a subtle fruitiness, apples and citrus with a background
> > of buttered toast. "B+"

> > 2010 Far Niente Napa Valley Chardonnay-nice nose of lemon zest and
> > flowers. *Nicely balanced on the palate, light tropical fruit notes,
> > lemons and just a touch of oaky vanilla. "B"

> > 1982 Chateau Margaux-Not the best bottle I've ever had...I chalked it
> > up to storage conditions. *Faint brickish cast and somewhat light
> > colored in the glass. *Unmistakable Maugaux perfume on the nose,
> > highly floral, a bit of spicebox, cedar and sweet red fruits. *Very
> > elegant on the palate, firm acidic backbone, mature flavors of
> > tobacco, cedar and leather with an underlying sweetness. "B+"

> > 1995 Chateau Lafite-dark purple with no signs of age. *Tight nose
> > mostly wet gravel. *Even after two hours of decanting the wine was
> > still quite tight. *Cassis, tar and a strong minerally iron finish.
> > Still quite young the wine needs at least another 5-8 years. *"B+"

> sorry you didn't think 82 Margaux was pristine, but nice report.- Hide quoted text -

No off flavors just more advanced than other '82 Margaux that I've had
in recent years.

IF YER OLDER AND YER GAY Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 14-06-2016 01:33 PM
TN: 3 older wines cwdjrxyz Wine 0 01-09-2010 08:54 PM
75 Bordeaux, Old Napa Cabs and a Great 82 Bordeaux Bill S. Wine 6 27-05-2010 08:30 PM
Three older wines Ken Blake Wine 3 20-09-2006 02:02 PM
Older Semillon Bill Spohn Wine 14 15-12-2004 05:42 AM