Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Riedel carafes

In a wine store yesterday, I saw this Riedel cafe (a pictu
http://pennyhaw.wordpress.com/2011/0...ting-wine-101/)
It's quite elegant but I don't think I'd buy it since, to me, it
resembles a hospital bedpan or urinal, eg.
http://www.smtmedic.com/catalog/inde...acturers_id=10

--
Jim Silverton

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I think Riedel are taking the ****

--
www.winenous.co.uk
Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> In a wine store yesterday, I saw this Riedel cafe (a pictu
> http://pennyhaw.wordpress.com/2011/0...ting-wine-101/)
> It's quite elegant but I don't think I'd buy it since, to me, it
> resembles a hospital bedpan or urinal, eg.
> http://www.smtmedic.com/catalog/inde...acturers_id=10

Perhaps if you served only red wines from it...nah, then we
get into questions of kidney failure and cirrhosis. You're right.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 5, 10:53*am, James Silverton > wrote:
> In a wine store yesterday, I saw this Riedel cafe (a pictuhttp://pennyhaw.wordpress.com/2011/0...ting-wine-101/)
> It's quite elegant but I don't think I'd buy it since, to me, *it
> resembles a hospital bedpan or urinal, eg.http://www.smtmedic.com/catalog/inde...acturers_id=10

Perhaps that decanter is used as a bed pan in some Hollywood hospitals
that cater to top movie stars :-). To make more of an impression on
your guest you might serve instead a bottle of snake wine on your
dining table. See http://www.thailandunique.com/store/...skey-c-11.html
.. For a much larger selection see http://www.thailandunique.com/store/...skey-c-11.html
.. This site is being revised, but should be shipping again soon.
Besides cobra, toad, scorpion etc wine and whiskey, they have a wide
variety of snacks to serve with it. Rhino beetles, pregnant crickets,
and buffalo dung beetles are just a few of many choices. Don't use
your best tablecloth, as there is some risk that an old great aunt may
throw up on your table.
Posted to alt.food.wine

The first url should have been http://www.asiansnakewine.com/ .

Not a Riedel, surely! graham[_1_] Wine 3 08-10-2007 03:46 PM
Riedel Tasting Fred Wine 13 13-09-2005 01:53 AM
Riedel "O" Glassware Cwdjrx _ Wine 29 23-06-2004 09:29 AM
pronunciation of riedel Neil R. Wine 1 30-03-2004 06:29 PM
Riedel Glasses Michael Bartlett Wine 10 28-10-2003 09:22 PM