Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Local Wine LesCombes

Decided to try a local wine from New Mexico St. Clair LesCombes 2008
Petit Verdot. Very simplistic nose slight cherries but not much. Nice
mouth feel and good midpalate but finished short with little
aftertaste. At $36, not the best buy in the world. Keep trying to find
local wines to my tastes but end up with Gruet being the best. On the
other hand, several Colorado wines are drinking well and we have a
Colorado winery tour planned for the fall.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 1:16*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> Decided to try a local wine from New Mexico St. Clair LesCombes 2008
> Petit Verdot. Very simplistic nose slight cherries but not much. Nice
> mouth feel and good midpalate but finished short with little
> aftertaste. At $36, not the best buy in the world. Keep trying to find
> local wines to my tastes but end up with Gruet being the best. On the
> other hand, several Colorado wines are drinking well and we have a
> Colorado winery tour planned for the fall.

Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 12:26*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On May 10, 1:16*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
>
> > Decided to try a local wine from New Mexico St. Clair LesCombes 2008
> > Petit Verdot. Very simplistic nose slight cherries but not much. Nice
> > mouth feel and good midpalate but finished short with little
> > aftertaste. At $36, not the best buy in the world. Keep trying to find
> > local wines to my tastes but end up with Gruet being the best. On the
> > other hand, several Colorado wines are drinking well and we have a
> > Colorado winery tour planned for the fall.

> Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!

A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 2:59*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On May 10, 12:26*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > On May 10, 1:16*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Decided to try a local wine from New Mexico St. Clair LesCombes 2008
> > > Petit Verdot. Very simplistic nose slight cherries but not much. Nice
> > > mouth feel and good midpalate but finished short with little
> > > aftertaste. At $36, not the best buy in the world. Keep trying to find
> > > local wines to my tastes but end up with Gruet being the best. On the
> > > other hand, several Colorado wines are drinking well and we have a
> > > Colorado winery tour planned for the fall.

> > Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!

> A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
> Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
> could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
> even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.

I had an Italian (Scilian) wine at a tasting recently that was
supposed to be 100% Petit Verdot...2008 Franchetti. It was huge, bold
and concentrated and pricey as I recall.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 1:38*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On May 10, 2:59*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!

> > A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
> > Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
> > could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
> > even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.

> I had an Italian (Scilian) *wine at a tasting recently that was
> supposed to be 100% Petit Verdot...2008 Franchetti. *It was huge, bold
> and concentrated and pricey as I recall.

These were $32 a piece plus I got fee shipping so no taxes either.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 1:38*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On May 10, 2:59*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!

> > A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
> > Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
> > could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
> > even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.

> I had an Italian (Scilian) *wine at a tasting recently that was
> supposed to be 100% Petit Verdot...2008 Franchetti. *It was huge, bold
> and concentrated and pricey as I recall.

Wow the Franchetti is $19 per bottle.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 1:38*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On May 10, 2:59*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Don't often see many single varietal Petit Verdot bottlings!

> > A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
> > Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
> > could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
> > even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.

> I had an Italian (Scilian) *wine at a tasting recently that was
> supposed to be 100% Petit Verdot...2008 Franchetti. *It was huge, bold
> and concentrated and pricey as I recall.

Sorry typo should be $109 per bottle
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 10, 5:54*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On May 10, 1:38*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:

> > > A few. I just ordered 2 bottles of a Petit Verdot from Italy 2007
> > > Fiume Di Lava Petit Verdot. Had a bottle at a local restaurant and I
> > > could only find 2 more bottles at all. Wine was an A Dale Scale and
> > > even approached an A+. Petit Verdot is one of my favorite grapes.

> > I had an Italian (Scilian) *wine at a tasting recently that was
> > supposed to be 100% Petit Verdot...2008 Franchetti. *It was huge, bold
> > and concentrated and pricey as I recall.

> Sorry typo should be $109 per bottle- Hide quoted text -

Wow! I was at a trade dinner featuring Franchetti and Tenuta di
Trinoro wines and didn't realize it was that expensive. I thought it
was in the $60 range.