Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '05 La Croix de Roche

Tonight, I tried to ease Jean's pain (she's suffering from muscle spasms
in her neck and shoulders) by preparing a steak dinner. With it, I opened:

2005 La Croix de Roche Bordeaux Superieur
nose: leather, herbs, dark cherry fruit, pencil lead
palate: medium body, firm acidity, fine grained tannins, slight Band-Aid
in the finish

Bring on da funk! This wine was a dead ringer for the Cordier "funk" of
the '80s (and Montrose from that same era). Some might find the Brett
level too high for enjoyment, but this wine found my sweet spot tonight.
Interestingly, an hour after opening the wine had lost much of the
funkiness and become simpler and more fruit-focused. This wine probably
needs to be consumed over the next few years.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '05 La Croix de Roche

On Nov 2, 12:49*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight, I tried to ease Jean's pain (she's suffering from muscle spasms
> in her neck and shoulders) by preparing a steak dinner. *With it, I opened:
>
> 2005 La Croix de Roche Bordeaux Superieur
> nose: leather, herbs, dark cherry fruit, pencil lead
> palate: medium body, firm acidity, fine grained tannins, slight Band-Aid
> in the finish
>
> Bring on da funk! *This wine was a dead ringer for the Cordier "funk" of
> the '80s (and Montrose from that same era). *Some might find the Brett
> level too high for enjoyment, but this wine found my sweet spot tonight.
> * Interestingly, an hour after opening the wine had lost much of the
> funkiness and become simpler and more fruit-focused. *This wine probably
> needs to be consumed over the next few years.
>
> Mark Lipton

Sounds interesting. New one to me- did you happen to note importer?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 11/2/10 8:04 AM, DaleW wrote:
=
> Sounds interesting. New one to me- did you happen to note importer?

Nope, but I'll look when I go home tonight. This wine was one of my
cache from that ill-fated futures purchase from Sam's, probably at a
price of $8-10 per bottle. At that price, a QPR hit -- if one discounts
mental trauma and time wasted ;-)

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 2, 1:51*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 11/2/10 8:04 AM, DaleW wrote:
> =
>
> > Sounds interesting. New one to me- did you happen to note importer?

> Nope, but I'll look when I go home tonight. *This wine was one of my
> cache from that ill-fated futures purchase from Sam's, probably at a
> price of $8-10 per bottle. *At that price, a QPR hit -- if one discounts
> mental trauma and time wasted ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Actually, seems I have had it- similar notes from 2007,though I didn't
get the brett, but found it a good value at $6/375,
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> Actually, seems I have had it- similar notes from 2007,though I didn't
> get the brett, but found it a good value at $6/375,

Aha. For the record, importer was Wine Vine, Chicago, IL -- exhibit A
in why I pay next to no attention re Bdx importers ;-)

Mark Lipton

1993 Dujac Clos de la Roche Bi!! Wine 4 06-05-2013 04:04 PM
2002 Dujac Clos de la Roche GC Bi!! Wine 4 07-07-2008 02:18 PM
La Roche d'Argent Ed Rasimus Wine 1 16-04-2006 12:55 PM
TN: Clos Roche Blanche 2004 Sauvignon Mark Lipton Wine 2 02-12-2005 08:44 PM
TN: Week's wines- Gayan, Ridge, Brun, Smith, 3 Croix, etc DaleW Wine 6 15-10-2005 06:56 PM