Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Fresh 02 Puligny! Plus Valtelinna

Dave did dinner last night, a shrimp yaki-soba. I had spent some time
this week searching for missing wines, and had run across a 2002
Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet in a box. I had taken this out of CT
thinking I had drunk them all, but one loner remained in longer term
area. When I got this, the first rumblings about the 96s were
discussed, but I had no fears for 02s. But now I regarded this with
distrust. Would PremOx rule? Well, no. Actually a lovely and balanced
(if pretty ripe) Puligny. Apples, pear, a touch of hazelnut and good
wet stone minerality on the finish. Drinking well, and very pleasing.
That's the weird thing re PremOx,you just never know. Dodged the
bullet this time, A-/B+

Dave doesn't care for white, so I opened a 2008 Sandro Fay Rosso di
Valtelinna for him. Pretty, bright cherry fruit, light to medium
bodied, quite enjoyable. B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 29, 10:26�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Dave did dinner last night, a shrimp yaki-soba. I had spent some time
> this week searching for missing wines, and had run across a 2002
> Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet in a box. I had taken this out of CT
> thinking I had drunk them all, but one loner remained in longer term
> area. When I got this, the first rumblings about the 96s were
> discussed, but I had no fears for 02s. But now I regarded this with
> distrust. Would PremOx rule? Well, no. Actually a lovely and balanced
> (if pretty ripe) Puligny. Apples, pear, a touch of hazelnut and good
> wet stone minerality on the finish. Drinking well, and very pleasing.
> That's the weird thing re PremOx,you just never know. Dodged the
> bullet this time, A-/B+
>
> Dave doesn't care for white, so I opened a 2008 Sandro Fay Rosso di
> Valtelinna for him. Pretty, bright cherry fruit, light to medium
> bodied, quite enjoyable. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> excellent�wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> wouldn't�drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> offer no�promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> consistency.��

Sauzet makes wine in a box? :-)

1995 Puligny Montrachet Bi!! Wine 0 11-06-2012 02:41 PM
TN: passable Pernot Puligny DaleW Wine 0 31-08-2009 04:05 PM
TN: Bdx, Valtelinna, Loire, and Macon DaleW Wine 4 28-08-2006 03:41 AM
Verget Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles '93 Steve Grant Wine 3 03-03-2004 08:57 AM
TN: Dauphin/Dauphine, Matrot Puligny,etc. Dale Williams Wine 2 08-12-2003 05:18 PM