Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '08 Bone Jolly Rosé

I came home tonight to an opened bottle of the '08 ESJ Bone Jolly Gamay
Noir Rosé Witters Vineyard. It's a fairly intense salmon in color, less
the lurid pink of last year's edition. Yummy, fresh strawberries in the
nose, no sense of heat (despite a reported 13.7% ABV) and a lightweight,
crisp mouthful. It was chilled but not ice cold, which I think suited
the wine well. It inspired dreams of paella Valenciana and warm summer
nights. (One will be easier to come by than the other in the near
term.) There's lots of joy in this screwcapped bottle.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '08 Bone Jolly Rosé

On Apr 6, 11:31*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> I came home tonight to an opened bottle of the '08 ESJ Bone Jolly Gamay
> Noir Rosé Witters Vineyard. *It's a fairly intense salmon in color, less
> the lurid pink of last year's edition. *Yummy, fresh strawberries in the
> nose, no sense of heat (despite a reported 13.7% ABV) and a lightweight,
> crisp mouthful. *It was chilled but not ice cold, which I think suited
> the wine well. *It inspired dreams of paella Valenciana and warm summer
> nights. *(One will be easier to come by than the other in the near
> term.) *There's lots of joy in this screwcapped bottle.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

easily my favorite domestic rose, year after year. And you've got a
case, whoo hoo!