Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Jolly Green Soy Bean Pasta

Someone in this group recommended this soy bean pasta and we finally tried
it last night. It was my turn to cook for our weekly "game night" so I
served a cold pasta salad using the green version. Everyone liked it. It
made a ton --- well, a very large bowl. Served 6 with at least a couple of
servings left.

How do the different versions (golden & black) compare to the green? Also,
any recommendations for warm or hot dishes? I'm not a red sauce fan but
thought of course spaghetti would work nicely.

Thanks to whoever mentioned this pasta. I am good with dreamfields from
time to time but I feel like this is a much healthier way to go and it is
really good. Thanks again!

Got this recipe from cooks.com

Pasta Salad

1 Pkg. pasta cooked
10 oz. green olives, chopped
10 oz. black olives, chopped
4 oz. sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 large carrot grated
1 cucumber, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 sm onion, chopped
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Toss it all together and add your favorite dressing. I added 1/2 c.
balsamic vinegarette and it was plenty. I'm not sure the cheese added that
much flavor. I also let it chill for several hours before serving.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Barbara H wrote in message >...
>Someone in this group recommended this soy bean pasta and we finally

tried
>it last night. It was my turn to cook for our weekly "game night" so

>served a cold pasta salad using the green version. Everyone liked

it. It
>made a ton --- well, a very large bowl. Served 6 with at least a

couple of
>servings left.
>
>How do the different versions (golden & black) compare to the green?

Also,
>any recommendations for warm or hot dishes? I'm not a red sauce fan

but
>thought of course spaghetti would work nicely.

I haven't tried the green or the black, but I really love the golden.

Cheri

Explore Black Bean Pasta Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 2 02-11-2010 10:53 PM
Bean and Pasta Salad Duckie ® Recipes 0 18-06-2005 06:48 PM
Pasta, Sausage and Bean Ragout CookiesFromItaly.com General Cooking 1 11-04-2005 07:03 PM
Garbanzo Bean and Pasta Casserole [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2004 05:49 PM
Green Bean...... Kate ...... Preserving 0 13-09-2004 02:25 PM