Bill Spohn

Default Closel and Sumac

1995 Dom. de Closel Savenierres Cuve Speciale - I love these wines - searingly
acidic in youth, and with a life far in excess of what one expects from white
wines - they say (and with some credibility) that it takes about 7 years for a
Savenierres to 'calm down'. This one was a big disappointement - old before its
time in both colour and on palate. If you have it, drink it quick! The 1993 is
in perfect shape - don't know what happened to this one.

1998 Sumac Ridge Meritage (BC) - a blend of 50% cab sauv, 25% merlot and 25%
cab franc from one of the best vintages in BC. Lovely fruit in the nose, medium
ripe, smooth and integrated on palate and with time to go. You can start
drinking these now!
Jaybert41

....had me fooled, I though t that you meant Sumac the spice.

TN: 2002 Closel Papillon (and a Tarheel victory!) DaleW Wine 0 07-04-2009 09:44 PM
TN: Domaine du Closel Savennieres Clos du Papillon Jaybert41 Wine 3 15-10-2004 01:55 AM
Sumac wine Tom Winemaking 2 09-09-2004 08:21 PM
drying scarlet sumac berries Paula Preserving 0 02-10-2003 02:46 AM