Ewan McNay

Default Shafer Relentless (01)

Ed Rasimus, this is partly directed at you . Has anyone yet tasted
this new release? I've got the couple of bottles I can justify
buyiing (at ~$70 per), and would ideally like some guidance as to when
they'd be best (and especially whether I can justify opening them now!)

Thanks - Ewan

Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:52:36 -0400, Ewan McNay >
wrote:

>Ed Rasimus, this is partly directed at you . Has anyone yet tasted
>this new release? I've got the couple of bottles I can justify
>buyiing (at ~$70 per), and would ideally like some guidance as to when
>they'd be best (and especially whether I can justify opening them now!)
>
>Thanks - Ewan

Tie me up, whip me, treat me like the hedonistic scum that you know I
am--for I forgot to write notes on the Shafer Relentless I had last
June in Santa Fe at Geronimo. I'm betting it was a 2000, but the fact
that I remember it without notes speaks well for the wine. Of course,
it could be that dinner at Geronimo is always memorable (unless you're
going to the Compound the following evening!)

Here's the Shafer word:
http://www.shafervineyards.com/relen...t_release.html

They stress that their wine is drinkable upon release, but with a big
wine like this, I'd sure like to give it a bit of time in the bottle
to rest. Check through the Web site and maybe you can direct order
some at the winery's suggested $60 price.

Regardless, I'd say it's a good purchase. Maybe hold as long as
Christmas for a fine roast beef dinner?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org

2002 Shafer Relentless Bi!! Wine 1 24-08-2011 04:12 PM
Shafer Merlot '02 vs. '03 Ewan McNay Wine 3 11-07-2006 02:43 PM
TN: Beringer, Shafer, Byron, Merryvale... Bill S. Wine 0 25-04-2006 03:56 PM
Shafer 97 Merlot Ewan Wine 18 12-09-2004 10:01 PM
Araujo, Shafer, Chapoutier, etc. Bill Spohn Wine 0 03-08-2004 03:56 PM