Patrick

Default Cellaring Question

Hi,

This is a potentially stupid question, but here it goes:

I just got a bottle of Dom Perignon which comes in a box. I am
wondering if I can keep the bottle in the box and put the whole thing
into my home cellar. Or should I take the bottle out? The box looks
real nice, sealed and all. It seems a pity to take it out. Any
suggestion or experience?

Thanks & Cheers,
Patrick
Steve Grant

"Patrick" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> This is a potentially stupid question, but here it goes:
>
> I just got a bottle of Dom Perignon which comes in a box. I am
> wondering if I can keep the bottle in the box and put the whole thing
> into my home cellar. Or should I take the bottle out? The box looks
> real nice, sealed and all. It seems a pity to take it out. Any
> suggestion or experience?

I leave boxed Champagne in the box and put the whole thing in the cellar.
Might want to give it as a gift someday. Have never had a problem with
humidity damaging the box, but if that should happen, well, you can always
throw away the box /then/.

Ken Blake

In om,
Patrick > typed:

> I just got a bottle of Dom Perignon which comes in a box. I am
> wondering if I can keep the bottle in the box and put the whole

thing
> into my home cellar. Or should I take the bottle out? The box

looks
> real nice, sealed and all. It seems a pity to take it out. Any
> suggestion or experience?

I recommend taking it out of the box sometime before pouring and
drinking it. ;-)

Other than that, it doesn't matter (other than the space it takes
up), and you should keep it in the box or not, as you prefer.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Patrick

Thanks for all your responses.

Cheers,
Patrick

cellaring Ronin[_22_] Wine 20 08-10-2008 04:25 PM
Basic question on cellaring wine SeanR Wine 5 21-12-2006 01:27 PM
Inexpensive Red for cellaring? Steve Dannenbaum Wine 25 13-10-2005 09:43 PM
Cellaring Rasteau Wine 3 13-07-2004 02:45 PM
TN: Cellaring a cheap Oz Dale Williams Wine 3 05-05-2004 12:20 PM