Steve Dannenbaum

Default Inexpensive Red for cellaring?

I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
changes with time. I have two questions.

First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change as
much as the wine?

Second, since I'm on a limited budget, what would be a good wine in the
$20/bottle range to get?

Thanks.

--
Steve

Steve Slatcher

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:22:14 -0700, "Steve Dannenbaum"
> wrote:

>I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
>might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
>case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
>changes with time. I have two questions.
>
>First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change as
>much as the wine?

Great idea Steve.

6 months to a year might be better between bottles. I doubt you'll
notice any changes in a 3 month period. Bear in mind also that there
will be bottle variation - a screw cap bottle woudl reduce that if you
could find a suitable wine with such a closure.

As you describe yourself as a newbie I am sure you and your tastes
will change during the course of your experiment. Don't know how much
of a newbie you are, but make sure you understand the basics of how to
recognise the various aromas, tastes and tannins before you start the
experiment. If you do that and keep written notes that will help.

An alternative approach, or something you might like to do right away
to see what to expect, is to compare different vintages of the same
wine. Not quite the same of course as there will be vintage
variations.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Steve Dannenbaum,

le/on Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:22:14 -0700, tu disais/you said:-

>I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
>might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
>case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
>changes with time. I have two questions.

Excellent idea, though I'd make the same caveat as young Slatcher. There's
not THAT many wines that will change much over a 6 month period, AND will
last for 6 years. Wines that evolve rapidly when young tend to have little
tannin and acidity and often have a distinctly limited life (I'm thinking of
wines like Beaujolais Nouveau, for example but the same is true of any "Vin
Vert").

>First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change as
>much as the wine?

If I've read your question correctly, and if you're truly a newbie, then I'd
expect your acuity to change over a number of years. Equally, it might be
that your likes and dislikes will evolve. I've often read here of very
experienced wine drinkers who admit that they started out enjoying wines
that they regard as very mediocre nowadays. By the way, don't fall into the
common trap of thinking that whites don't evolve and keep. We had a
Meursault-Charmes 1992 last week, and it was as fresh as a daisy. (Meursault
is a village in Burgundy and its wines are made from the Chardonnay grape
with just the right amount of oak).

I'd be inclined therefore to get half a dozen reds and half a dozen whites,
and taste every 6 months or every year. I don't know how much he sells them
at, but in my opinion, Tom Shudic's Pinot noir and Chardonnay would be
perfect for this experiment. - He writes here regularly, and his wines are
GOOD at aging. Otherwise, Harry Petersen-Nadry (sp) of Chehalem wines in
Oregon makes some magnificent wines that will age well, while being
drinkable young. They may be a bit above your budget, however.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
gerald

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:22:14 -0700, "Steve Dannenbaum"
> wrote:

>I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
>might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
>case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
>changes with time. I have two questions.
>
>First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change as
>much as the wine?
>
>Second, since I'm on a limited budget, what would be a good wine in the
>$20/bottle range to get?
>
>Thanks.

For fairly long term aging of a relatively iwine, try a Tannet from
France. Maderan(sp) comes to mind.

Steve Slatcher

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:25:26 -0400, gerald > wrote:

>For fairly long term aging of a relatively iwine, try a Tannet from
>France. Maderan(sp) comes to mind.

"Tannat" and "Madiran".

Good suggestion. Not too expensive, and usually age-worthy. In fact
I bought some Madiran a few years a ago with pretty much the same goal
as the OP!

I was also thinking it might be good to get a decent (or half-decent)
claret for which vintage charts and drinking advice is available - in
Hugh Johnson's Pocket Book for example. Then it would be possible to
compare personal opinion with the advice offered. That might push the
$20 budget a bit though - not really sure about US prices.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

jcoulter

"Steve Dannenbaum" > wrote in

> I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular
> wine might change over the course of months or years. I thought I
> might buy a case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6
> months to see how it changes with time. I have two questions.
>
> First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change
> as much as the wine?
>
> Second, since I'm on a limited budget, what would be a good wine in
> the $20/bottle range to get?
>
> Thanks.

I would think that one could find a good Gigondas for around 20USD. They
tend to need a bit of age so a young one would show the promise and down
the road in 5-6 years (for most) start displaying some maturity. If one
goes with a longer ageing wine the experiment becomes a life long one, not
that there is anything wrong with that.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Steve Slatcher

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:59:04 -0500, jcoulter
> wrote:

>I would think that one could find a good Gigondas for around 20USD. They
>tend to need a bit of age so a young one would show the promise and down
>the road in 5-6 years (for most) start displaying some maturity.

Another wine that should peak in around 5 years could be a decent
Beaujolais Cru, e.g. Morgon or Moulin-à-Vent. It might even start
going downhill in 5 years, depending on the wine and personal taste,
but I guess that might be interesting to follow too.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
DaleW

I'd agree that 6 month intervals would be a more realistic framework
for seeing development.

Where are you located? From Cox email I'd assume US, probably South.
Where you are makes a big difference in availability.

And, of course, what do you like? Silly for us to suggest whites if you
prefer reds, or big Cabernets if you like lighter reds.

As a gross generality, I think JCoulter's rec of a midsized Rhone is a
brilliant example of a wine likely to develop over 5 years (and provide
some pleasure the whole time). A Gigondas, St Joseph (if you prefer
Syrah), Vacqueyras, or CdRV would be a good choice.

Depending on where you are, we might have good recs on CalCabs, CA
Syrah, CalChards, Chianti, etc etc etc too.

Shaun Eli

Suggestions around $10 or less:

Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot (Washington)
J. Vidal Fleurie Cotes de Ventoux (Rhone-style red)
Perrin Reserve (Rhone red)

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smarter Audience (sm)

Max Hauser

If interested in a moderately-priced red Bordeaux (a standard,
internationally popular wine genre that might be used for such experiments),
Chteau Larose-Trintaudon is one example that various sources mention. It
is widely available in the US for circa $15-$20 retail in recent vintages.
This wine is in the broad category of _Cru Bourgeois_ or "unclassified" but
individual Bordeaux. It is "the largest estate in the Médoc" (Tom
Stevenson, who also calls its quality consistently high) -- the one with the
dark-red label. It also incidentally is one of the longest-cited wines on
the Internet (through the wine newsgroup's creation as net.wines in February
1982 and eventual migration to AFW which you're now reading). L-T spends
two years in wood and normally takes about six years from vintage date to a
mature phase.

Below (with apologies to the regulars) some re-postings. (Note the trouble
with spelling "Trintaudon.")

Charles Hunt, 22-Apr-85:
Newsgroups: net.wines

Right now, there are dozens of fine bordeaux available ... For small estates
(called "petit chateaux"), there are many available for <= $6; I personally
recommend: La Tour de By, Fourcas Hosten, Fourcas Dupree, Greysac, Larose
Trantadon, de Pez, Ormes de Pez, Marbuzet, Haut Marbuzet, Phelan Segur,
Carbonnieux, Smith Haute Lafitte, Plagnac, Bel-Air, ... they all have a
"Chateau" before the name to impress your friends, but are mostly really
just farms.

Stephen P Pope, 28 Feb 86:
Subject: Cheap Bordeaux

I would like to add a few -- Ch. Larose Trintadoun, Ch. Le Crock, and Ch.
Potensac.

From: Charles Hunt, 3 Mar 86:

I forgot about Larose Trintadon (Haut Medoc). I agree that it's an
excellent Bordeaux for a modest price (the '78 is unreal... if you can find
it).

This chateau is owned by the firm which runs Marques de Caceres in the
Rioja-Alta of Spain. The similarities in style (despite the
differing grape varieties) is not coincidence. For a fun experience (when
you have somebody over for dinner), try a side-by-side comparison of the
1981 Marques-de-Caceres Red with a '79 or '81 Larose-Trintadon. It makes it
quite evident what a real bargain the Rioja is at only about 5 bucks per
jug.

[Note: Ownership changed later. -- MH]

"Steve Dannenbaum" > wrote in message
> I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular
> wine might change over the course of months or years. ...

Mark Lipton

DaleW wrote:
> I'd agree that 6 month intervals would be a more realistic framework
> for seeing development.
>
> Where are you located? From Cox email I'd assume US, probably South.
> Where you are makes a big difference in availability.

Chandler, AZ from the looks of it.

> And, of course, what do you like? Silly for us to suggest whites if you
> prefer reds, or big Cabernets if you like lighter reds.
>
> As a gross generality, I think JCoulter's rec of a midsized Rhone is a
> brilliant example of a wine likely to develop over 5 years (and provide
> some pleasure the whole time). A Gigondas, St Joseph (if you prefer
> Syrah), Vacqueyras, or CdRV would be a good choice.
>
> Depending on where you are, we might have good recs on CalCabs, CA
> Syrah, CalChards, Chianti, etc etc etc too.

Since what he wants is an under-$20 wine that'll show long-term
improvement, I'd look to some of the lesser appellations of Europe. I'm
surprised that you didn't mention satellite appellations of Bordeaux,
Dale, as those ought to do the trick, too. Agreed about taste taking
precendence, though.

Mark Lipton
DaleW

"Since what he wants is an under-$20 wine that'll show long-term
improvement, I'd look to some of the lesser appellations of Europe.
I'm
surprised that you didn't mention satellite appellations of Bordeaux,
Dale, as those ought to do the trick, too. Agreed about taste taking
precendence, though"

I don't think we're talking long-term improvement- he mentioned every 3
months, and we suggested stretching it to 6 months, so either less than
3 or 5 years (assuming one bottle lost to bad cork!). The latter seems
like a good time frame for a Cotes du Rhone Villages, good Chianti
Classico, etc. Maybe some Languedoc wines too.

As you probably guess from my posts, probably close to 50% of the
under$20 wines that I cellar are lesser/satellite Bordeaux. The reasons
I didn't mention are threefold:
1) Availability. Most of the satellite wines are not especially huge
production, and what's available varies widely according to where you
are. The 2001 Cap de Faugeres or Rocher Bellevue Figeac would fit his
experiment beautifully, but aren't exactly everywhere. This (and the
whole personal taste issue) are also why I didn't mention any Burgundy-
Lafarge, Bachelet or d'Angerville Bourgogne would do nicely (if you
could find under $20), or a good C=F4te Chalonaise. But there are Rh=F4nes
and Chiantis with much wider distribution that would also work.
2) Drinking Windows. Most CdCastillon or Lalande de Pomerol wines would
probably be fine over this period, but I would really hesitate to
suggest most good under$20 wines from the M=E9doc for this time frame-
there's no joy in drinking the '98 Poujeaux or '00 Cantemerle right now
(same would apply to some Fronsacs, so not only Left Bank). I don't
think you see such intense "shut-down" periods from most under$20
Rh=F4nes, etc.
3) Oops. Real reason I didn't put in has nothing to do with 1 or 2. I
didn't want to be SO predictable, so was going to list Bdx after other
choices, then while thinking about CA Syrah etc I just forgot.
You got me.

DaleW

Larose-Trintaudon is indeed a good choice, can be a fine wine in good
vintages.

Funnily, I eyed some this weekend. I visited a store north of me (not
one of my regular stops) and noticed they had the '96 for $10.99. A
very good vintage, and a bottle a couple years ago was drinking nicely.
But.....I checked and indeed there was a Seagrams/Chateau and Estates
import label. Nope. As a public service announcement, I'll repeat that
US consumers -especially in Northeast- should be very wary of C & E
imports of a certain age ('96-'98 in Bordeaux,adjust for release dates
in other areas) that stores are offering for good-to-blowout prices.
Apparently a lot were stored in unregulated warehouses, and they
offered it up at auction in NJ last year. I bought a couple day before
an ITB friend passed on a warning, and have tasted several others at
offlines. Lots of cooked '97 Lagrange, '98 La Tour Figeac, '96 & '97
Gloria, etc out there.

jcoulter

"DaleW" > wrote in news:1128516563.343366.82520
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

nicely.
> But.....I checked and indeed there was a Seagrams/Chateau and Estates
> import label. Nope. As a public service announcement, I'll repeat that
> US consumers -especially in Northeast- should be very wary of C & E
> imports of a certain age ('96-'98 in Bordeaux,adjust for release dates
> in other areas) that stores are offering for good-to-blowout prices.
> Apparently a lot were stored in unregulated warehouses, and they
> offered it up at auction in NJ last year. I bought a couple day before
> an ITB friend passed on a warning, and have tasted several others at
> offlines. Lots of cooked '97 Lagrange, '98 La Tour Figeac, '96 & '97
> Gloria, etc out there.

With all the to do about vintage and storage, you raise a good point, one
needs to be wary of importers, of course importers can be a good indicator
as well. I find that Kermit Lynch is a good name and a lot of my bottles
bear Stacole from S Florida (but then I live in Fla)

And I just noted that my Ch Gloria 2000 is a chateau and estates although
instead of Seagrams it is Diageo which I assume means really nothing, but I
assume that the wine is too young to have been affected.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

DaleW

"And I just noted that my Ch Gloria 2000 is a chateau and estates
although
instead of Seagrams it is Diageo which I assume means really nothing,
but I
assume that the wine is too young to have been affected"

Joseph,
I think Seagrams sold C & E to Diageo in 2001 or 2002. It was Diageo
selling off old Seagrams inventory. I wouldn't worry about your
Glorias, because it was a hot selling vintage, and wines didn't linger
like the '97s (my guess is you bought these a while ago). I don't think
the issue was with shipping, or with really extreme temps (no evidence
of leakage) but with wines sitting 4-6 years in probably 70-75=B0 F
temps.

Joseph B. Rosenberg

I know both firms and I doubt that Clement Brown of C & E would countenance
poor storage from they way he fussed over the merchandice here, perhaps he
is no longer with them or was kept ignorant of storage conditions or the
bean counters took over and had thermostats raised.

AS for my old friends at Stacole, they are the Wild West of the Wine World
trying to beat anyone on price to merchants. In Maryland by law they had to
go through wholesalers and they complied just barely. When I was running a
small wholesaler who distributed DeGrazia and Shiverick wines I repped,
Stacole was selling their wine through the same house, paying them X dollars
a case for fees, storage and delivery; after complaining without success to
the owner of the wholesaler & general manager(they made more money from my
sales then Stacole's), the principal of Stacole at the time made me an offer
that would have enriched me but done a disservice to my clients and the
wholesaler. I refused. Eventually with some poor vintages and unsound
purchases I made, Stacole was able to convince the owner to force me out by
not paying my clients timely. I later found out that Stacole increased the
money it gave to the liquor salesman & one of the managers to help him in
sales in order to ease me out the door. I say this in admiration for their
efforts--here was I, a part time hobbyist in their business competing with
them successfully in their own backyard- it took them awhile but the put me
in my place.

I am not going to speculate on Stacole's shipping and storage practices. I
like my knee caps thank you. Seriously they are market-savvy and will do
what the market demands, air conditioned warehouses and shipping in reefers.
I doubt if they have much control of winery storage or what happens on the
docks or customs. The better shippers like Hilledebrand & Danzas will do
that but they charge more. Companies like Diego can and do consolidate
storage but often a shipment is assembled on the docks. I did a few of
those and its not easy.

The biggest problem I heard of on the street was stores getting a different
vintage then they ordered, which occasionally happens to any importer.
Usually, Stacole found a way to make the account "whole". How they did that,
my lips are sealed......................
"DaleW" > wrote in message
oups.com...
"And I just noted that my Ch Gloria 2000 is a chateau and estates
although
instead of Seagrams it is Diageo which I assume means really nothing,
but I
assume that the wine is too young to have been affected"

Joseph,
I think Seagrams sold C & E to Diageo in 2001 or 2002. It was Diageo
selling off old Seagrams inventory. I wouldn't worry about your
Glorias, because it was a hot selling vintage, and wines didn't linger
like the '97s (my guess is you bought these a while ago). I don't think
the issue was with shipping, or with really extreme temps (no evidence
of leakage) but with wines sitting 4-6 years in probably 70-75 F
temps.

Max Hauser

"Joseph B. Rosenberg" in :
>I know both firms and I doubt that Clement Brown of C & E would countenance
>poor storage from they way he fussed over the merchandice here, perhaps he
>is no longer with them or was kept ignorant of storage conditions or the
>bean counters took over and had thermostats raised.

N.B., the same caution that Dale raised in this thread about Seagram's
Chateau and Estates using non-refrigerated warehousing was also current
among wine professionals here on the Pacific coast in the late 1990s. They
mentioned an unregulated warehouse nearby in Union City if I remember the
location. Also that the problem was fixed in later years.

-- Max

Joseph B. Rosenberg

That would be Western Carriers who do most of the shipping from the North
East. Usually a shipment is only there for a few days --in cold weather or
real hot weather it may sit or the importer has another load coming in he
wants combined.

Frankly, I think sayings its Western is just bs to take the heat off the
importer/wholesaler/store. Biggest problem with Western is if they say
there delivering at 10AM, 10 PM is more like it.
"Max Hauser" > wrote in message
> "Joseph B. Rosenberg" in :
> >I know both firms and I doubt that Clement Brown of C & E would

countenance
> >poor storage from they way he fussed over the merchandice here, perhaps

he
> >is no longer with them or was kept ignorant of storage conditions or the
> >bean counters took over and had thermostats raised.

> N.B., the same caution that Dale raised in this thread about Seagram's
> Chateau and Estates using non-refrigerated warehousing was also current
> among wine professionals here on the Pacific coast in the late 1990s.

They
> mentioned an unregulated warehouse nearby in Union City if I remember the
> location. Also that the problem was fixed in later years.
>
> -- Max

Hunt

In article <Hpn0f.1598$WR2.208@fed1read03>, says...

>I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
>might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
>case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
>changes with time. I have two questions.
>
>First, in such an "experiment" is it common for that taster to change as
>much as the wine?
>
>Second, since I'm on a limited budget, what would be a good wine in the
>$20/bottle range to get?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Steve

Steve,

It seems that you have received many good recs for your tasting project. If,
as Mark L mentioned, you are in Chandler, AZ, then I'd second, or maybe it's
third by now, the Ch Larose-Trintaudon, as it is available, usually, at PHX-
Area Costcos, and should suit your purposes well - provided that you enjoy
reds.

I would urge that you conduct this experiment with fairly strict adherence to
a "control." Start each tasting session in exactly the same way, same serving
temp, same glassware, and in the same company in a fairly closed situation i.
e. for each bottle, open with the same companion(s), without benefit of food,
in as neutral (free from food aromas, etc.) setting as is possible. Make the
pours about the same, and take tons of notes. Write down every sensation, that
you can identify. Personally, I'd strive for even keeping the time of day,
period after food, etc. as close as I could, and DO NOT brush your teeth
before you taste! Do not decant the wine before you pour (more later), but do
linger over the glass of wine for some time, noting any changes, additions,
subtractions, that you perceive as you taste.

Now, maybe for a starter, use two bottles for your first tasting. Open one,
and decant (or carafe it) into a clean container and let it stand open for
about 2 hours. Open the other bottle, and pour one glass of each. Taste one
next to the other. Spend a lot of time, with the aromas, and note ALL of your
observations in the A-B tasting. The decanted one should give you some slight
indication of what is likely to develop as the time of the tasting progresses.
It will also get you into the note-taking mold.

Personally, I'd do the tasting with each bottle, as suggested above, which
should leave some of the bottle, when the pure "tasting" part is done. I'd
then experience the remainder of each bottle with food, and add footnotes to
the tasting. For this "part-II" phase, I would not adhere to strict
uniformity, but would explore different food dishes with each sitting.

Just some thoughts, and remember to post follow-up TN's (tasting notes) of
your observations. One caveat - make sure that the glassware that you use is
scrupulously clean and free of any odor, detergent, and are dry (same for any
decanting vessel). Most of all ENJOY!

Hunt

Jose

> I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
> might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
> case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
> changes with time.

Here's another idea - take one of the bottles and divide its contents
into several containers for long term low temperature storage. Pouring
it into those little "one drink" containers they serve on airlines might
be one way to do it - pour it to overflowing, and maybe cap it with
nitrogen.

Then keep them in the coldest non-freezing part of your fridge, and open
one of these along with each of your tastings as a control.

The idea is that this would give a hint as to what the wine would have
tasted like if you could get into a time machine and subtract all the
age to date. Take lots of notes on this too, because it is just
speculation that it would work (and I'd be interested to know if it did).

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.

Tom S

"Hunt" > wrote in message
> DO NOT brush your teeth
> before you taste!

Hello, Hunt -

Your advice re tasting is very sound, but I'd amend the above to read "DO
NOT brush your teeth *with toothpaste* before you taste!"

Brushing and rinsing my teeth and tongue with water before tasting tends to
improve my palate acuity.

Tom S

Hunt

In article >, teacherjh@aol.
nojunk.com says...

>> I'm a wine newbee and I'm very interested in seeing how one particular wine
>> might change over the course of months or years. I thought I might buy a
>> case of red, cellar it, and open a bottle every 3 or 6 months to see how it
>> changes with time.

>Here's another idea - take one of the bottles and divide its contents
>into several containers for long term low temperature storage. Pouring
>it into those little "one drink" containers they serve on airlines might
>be one way to do it - pour it to overflowing, and maybe cap it with
>nitrogen.
>
>Then keep them in the coldest non-freezing part of your fridge, and open
>one of these along with each of your tastings as a control.
>
>The idea is that this would give a hint as to what the wine would have
>tasted like if you could get into a time machine and subtract all the
>age to date. Take lots of notes on this too, because it is just
>speculation that it would work (and I'd be interested to know if it did).
>
>Jose
>--
>Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
>for Email, make the obvious change in the address.

Jose,

Not a bad idea. If one wants to simulate aging, they can use several
variations of your suggestion.

Hunt

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Hunt,

le/on 9 Oct 2005 04:46:50 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>>Your advice re tasting is very sound, but I'd amend the above to read "DO
>>NOT brush your teeth *with toothpaste* before you taste!"
>>
>>Brushing and rinsing my teeth and tongue with water before tasting tends to
>>improve my palate acuity.

>You are correct.

Absolutely.

> Some day, I am going to invent a "wine friendly" toothpaste, and market it to all winos!

Na2(HCO3)

(If you ever succeed, 10% of your profits would be gratefully received).

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Mark Lipton

Ian Hoare wrote:
> Na2(HCO3)

^
Erm... NaHCO3 <evil grin>

> (If you ever succeed, 10% of your profits would be gratefully received).

Can I now claim 5%?

Mark Lipton

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Mark Lipton,

le/on Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:05:48 -0500, tu disais/you said:-

>Ian Hoare wrote:
>> Na2(HCO3)

> ^
>Erm... NaHCO3 <evil grin>
>

>> (If you ever succeed, 10% of your profits would be gratefully received).
>>

>Can I now claim 5%?

Tom S had the _decency_ to point this out in private. He also predicted that
you would pick me up on it it public.

As I replied to him.

"Bugger".

Absolutely right. And no, you can't have 5%. 5% of MY 10% maybe, I'll have
to take it under advisement.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

TN: 2 inexpensive Italians, one (relatively) inexpensive Champagne DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2009 03:26 PM
cellaring Ronin[_22_] Wine 20 08-10-2008 04:25 PM
Cellaring Times ajd Wine 0 30-04-2005 09:53 AM
Cellaring Question Patrick Wine 4 28-06-2004 03:22 AM
TN: Cellaring a cheap Oz Dale Williams Wine 3 05-05-2004 12:20 PM