Topi Kuusinen

Default Montana Marlborough Reserve Pinot Noir 2001

A very interesting PN.

Colour still uniform, red, no brick in the edges.

Nose a bit hard to define because of my nose cold.

The wine initially showed some red fruit and coffee on the palate. As
the wine breathed, the coffee subsided and some quite clear notes of
liqorice and barnyard emerged after the initial fruit. Long finish, with
leathery tones. I could not detect any oak, even though the wine has
been aged in French oak according to the back label.

I would not have recognized this as a Pinot Noir, it's so different from
any PN's I've tried before.

I'll get some more bottles of this wine.

Cheers,

-Topi Kuusinen, Finland

Ian Hayward

I am not a PN fan, but I really enjoyed a bottle of this about six months ago; I
don't remember the year. Perhaps it is an atypical PN for habitual PN sceptics!

Ian