Young Martle

Default Chateau Victoria

I'm looking for notes on Chateau Victoria Haut-Medoc. In particular
I'm trying to decide if I should choose 1996 or 1998.

I have to buy sight unseen

Thanks
Myron
Emery Davis

On Mon, 03 May 2004 14:32:13 -0230, Young Martle > said:

]
]
] I'm looking for notes on Chateau Victoria Haut-Medoc. In particular
] I'm trying to decide if I should choose 1996 or 1998.
]
] I have to buy sight unseen

Hi Myron,

Haven't had it myself, but I see that the Guide Hachette really liked the '96:
gave it 2 stars. That's a very high reference from them, FWIW.

They say of it "Upheld by a solid, tight structure, it knows how to reconcile
power and elegance. Supple and round, the tannins don't crush a beautiful
aromatic expression, which goes from red fruits to toast passing by mocha."
(Very rough translation.)

Not much to go on, but hope that helps.

It's owned by SC Ch. Le Bourdieu, 33180 VERTHEUIL
tel. 05.56.41.98.01. You could always call and ask what they think.

If anyone is wondering, Vertheuil rhymes with Bougueil.

HTH a bit anyway,

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to
Dan Gravell

Emery Davis wrote:

> If anyone is wondering, Vertheuil rhymes with Bougueil.

Young Martle

On Mon, 3 May 2004 23:22:30 +0200, Emery Davis >
wrote:

>Hi Myron,
>
>Haven't had it myself, but I see that the Guide Hachette really liked the '96:
>gave it 2 stars. That's a very high reference from them, FWIW.
>
>They say of it "Upheld by a solid, tight structure, it knows how to reconcile
>power and elegance. Supple and round, the tannins don't crush a beautiful
>aromatic expression, which goes from red fruits to toast passing by mocha."
>(Very rough translation.)
>
>Not much to go on, but hope that helps.
>
>It's owned by SC Ch. Le Bourdieu, 33180 VERTHEUIL
>tel. 05.56.41.98.01. You could always call and ask what they think.
>
>If anyone is wondering, Vertheuil rhymes with Bougueil.
>
>HTH a bit anyway,

Hi Emery

Thanks for the reply to my post.
The '96 it is then. I'm buying this mostly for its name but thought I
should at least have a decent vintage.

Now I need to find a Chateau Cassandra ! :-)

hmmm! Does anyone know of a wine with Cassandra in its name?

Thanks again Emery
Myron
Dale Williams

Haven't had either, but think you're making the right choice- imho '96 was a
much stronger vintage in the Médoc than '98.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

[OT] Happy Victoria Day Roy[_4_] General Cooking 40 28-05-2016 08:40 AM
TN Chateau Palmer 1979 and Chateau La Gaffeliere 1964 cwdjrxyz Wine 1 17-09-2007 03:26 PM
Happy Victoria Day Biff General Cooking 13 22-05-2007 03:26 PM
Victoria Island beer Dukester Beer 4 16-04-2007 11:05 PM
Victoria Sandwich Darrell Grainger Baking 6 21-01-2004 10:29 AM