Cwdjrx _

Default TN Freemark Abbey York Creek Petite Sirah 1978

Freemark Abbey York Creek Petite Sirah is a very big wine typical of the
70s era. This was my last bottle, and it had been properly stored.

The color still is deep ruby with only a hint of brick around the rim.
The body is still huge. It is closer to the weight of an Amarone than a
Rhone. There still is ample fruit of a dark fruit - plum character. The
acid level is about right. There still are mouth-coating medium tannins,
but they are now smooth enough to allow easy drinking. There is a heavy
crust in the bottle - about the same as for a good vintage port. This
wine is big enough to handle about any rich food, such as game, that you
might serve with it.

Dale Williams

Thanks for the notes. I've never had a Freemark Abbey PS, though I've had a
York Creek PS from Ridge from early 80s that was still going strong.

Might I add that your notes are one of my favorite parts of this group, though
most are wines I know I'll never get a chance to try. Vicarious pleasure!
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Bill Spohn

Thanks for the notes.

I have one bottle of the 1975 left.

One day soon........

TN Freemark Abbey 1979 York Creek Napa Valley Petite Sirah cwdjrxyz Wine 3 19-02-2007 04:28 PM
TN Ridge York Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 1978 cwdjrxyz Wine 1 10-10-2006 12:59 AM
TN Freemark Abbey Cabernet Bosche 1978 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 31-01-2006 01:22 AM
Petite Sirah PP Wine 5 12-01-2006 08:34 AM
Freemark Abbey 1988 Sycamore Vnyrd evergene Wine 1 04-01-2005 01:54 AM