Emery Davis

Default TN: '92 Mayacamas Chard

Who says that California chardonnay can't age? At 12 years
this is the picture of elegance, quite pale, grilled hazelnut,
apple skin and cake in the nose, long and balanced in the
mouth, chewy but refreshing with some dried apricot and fig,
mineral.

This would be a great ringer to throw in a group of
aged white burgs. I thought it would be interesting
to taste (again) following the mention of aging
chardonnays, and separately, Mayacamas.

Interesting about this, had one of these about a year
ago, it seemed kind of tired. Don't remember what it
was served with, but perhaps this time the choice of
Dover sole helped.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to
dick

Default '92 Mayacamas Chard

Emery, we mean our Reds don't typically age like a Bordeaux.

As for this luxury Chard...yes our chards are like red wines....over oaked
with to much butter.

Just joking...glad you enjoyed.

My last trip to Napa 2 weeks ago, looks like we are starting to get some
nice Chards....more French Like.

"Emery Davis" > wrote in message
. ..

> Who says that California chardonnay can't age? At 12 years
> this is the picture of elegance, quite pale, grilled hazelnut,
> apple skin and cake in the nose, long and balanced in the
> mouth, chewy but refreshing with some dried apricot and fig,
> mineral.
>
> This would be a great ringer to throw in a group of
> aged white burgs. I thought it would be interesting
> to taste (again) following the mention of aging
> chardonnays, and separately, Mayacamas.
>
> Interesting about this, had one of these about a year
> ago, it seemed kind of tired. Don't remember what it
> was served with, but perhaps this time the choice of
> Dover sole helped.
>
> -E
>
> --
> Emery Davis
> You can reply to
> by removing the well known companies

Emery Davis

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:20:26 GMT, "dick" > said:

] Emery, we mean our Reds don't typically age like a Bordeaux.
]

Mayacamas is certainly one of the exceptions, in red too.

] As for this luxury Chard...yes our chards are like red wines....over oaked
] with to much butter.
]

Wasn't that expensive, I bought it from the place when I was living in SF. ~ US$22 IIRC,
that's cheap for a CA wine. Certainly not overoaked or too buttery, otherwise
I'd have steered clear. Probably nuch more on the open market, and I think
he's bumped the prices up a lot anyway.

] Just joking...glad you enjoyed.

Why, thank you.

-E

]
] My last trip to Napa 2 weeks ago, looks like we are starting to get some
] nice Chards....more French Like.
]
]
] "Emery Davis" > wrote in message
] . ..
] >
[...]
] > --
] > Emery Davis
] > You can reply to
] > by removing the well known companies
]
]

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

by removing the well known companies

TN: Patio wines- ESJ, Giacosa (not nebb!), Bachelet, Mayacamas,Coudert, etc DaleW Wine 12 16-08-2015 11:56 AM
TN: Mayacamas half, + Brun, Masciarelli, and an obscure Txakoli DaleW Wine 0 22-10-2010 02:56 AM
TN: sometimes reps are deserved (83 Giscours), plus Mayacamas chard &Giroud DaleW Wine 0 30-05-2009 09:32 PM
TN: '89 Mayacamas DaleW Wine 0 27-12-2008 04:57 PM
92 Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon Emery Davis Wine 15 02-06-2007 10:48 PM