David Rheault

Default Burn

Excelsior Cabernet Sauvignon 2002 (South Africa)

This nasty wine had hints of burned yeast with overripe cherry cough syrup
flavors and a slight sickly sweetness to it. 30 minutes of decanting did
virtually nothing to improve the flavor. A very bad imitation of a cheap
Australian wine developed for the American export market.

dcr

BFSON

"burned yeast"-I've had wines that had a char like component from excessive
contact with highly toasted oak--but what the heck is burned yeast?
David Rheault

"BFSON" > wrote in message
> "burned yeast"-I've had wines that had a char like component from

excessive
> contact with highly toasted oak--but what the heck is burned yeast?

I think there was an odor of yeast and a charcoalish smell.

dcr

DMondello

What wines do you perfer may I ask?

Another burn! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 44 24-03-2016 05:55 AM
Feeling the burn here! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 16 06-03-2016 11:28 PM
BURN Barry General Cooking 0 10-02-2007 04:32 AM
pre-burn necessary ? H Barbecue 3 24-10-2006 05:25 AM
Freezer burn Terry General Cooking 2 24-08-2006 03:14 AM