Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another burn!

Although this did leave a hideous mess, I don't think my body sustained too
much damage. Could have been way worse! I can't even begin to explain how
this happened either. Except that I know that I was trying to do too much
in a short amount of time.

Person who lives here had oral surgery on Friday and is not progressing as
we had hoped. Can't open her jaw due to the swelling so most of what is on
the list of suggested foods will not work. And is having stomach issues
from the pain meds. Then to top it all off, husband was having some sort of
car trouble that turned out to be really nothing. He didn't tell me what it
was that Les Schwab found to be the cause but bottom line is that due to
that, he didn't bring home the promised milkshake for toothless.

So... I had to go get the milkshake. Came home and all seemed calm. Went
out to the garage to get things ready for the guy who is coming later this
week to do a dump run for me. Things like the broken artificial Christmas
tree and many Styrofoam coolers and ice packs from my insulin. And while I
was finishing this up, I began to get dinner started for husband.

Put three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's) in the freezer, put the water
on to boil for pasta, in my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot, then put the
Marinara on to heat. And no, he did not eat all three.

Things seemed to be going well until I took the chicken out. I had already
moved the pasta over to the pot of sauce when husband began asking about
dinner. And once again, I didn't listen to that little voice in my head
that told me that I should have dumped the hot pasta water down the sink and
left the pot there while I put the Provolone on the chicken. And that's
where it all went wrong.

Although the oven was off, I didn't feel like sticking my head in there to
put the cheese on because I was feeling a bit warm from all of the garage
activity. So I removed the pan and set it on top of the pasta pot. Should
have been fine as I didn't really take the time to get the correct sized pan
and had used a large, lipped cookie sheet because it was already sitting in
the dish drainer.

I turned to get the cheese. Turned back when three slices of the Provolone
when it all went very badly. Happened so very fast! Saw the Rachael Ray
pan come flying at me along with the pan that the chicken was on. This is
what I do not understand. What would have caused that nearly full pan of
water to come off of of the stove? Now I suppose it is possible that in my
haste, I somehow didn't have it squarely on the burner but I can't see how.
I have a big scoop that I use to remove the pasta from the water so the pan
never left the stove.

Anyway... The upshot of this was that my feet, legs and the floor became
drenched with near boiling water. I knew that Jazzy (cat) was in the
kitchen on a barstool but didn't know where Jetta was and I didn't want them
getting into the boiling water.

I think what saved me was that I had on my Daniel Green slipper boos that I
am not supposed to wear. They are thick and lined with faux fur. I put
them on because I felt cold but my podiatrist said I shouldn't wear them. I
won't bother to get into why but I am sure glad that I had those on now!
Also a very thick and very loose pair of sweat pants. So the thick fabric
and thick boots seemed to keep most of the water from my skin. Of course I
leapt to dry floor and stripped the pants and boots off right away.

I also have three throw rugs in the kitchen and the two largest ones soaked
up most of the water. And thankfully each one had a dry end so they could
be grabbed and hauled outside quickly.

Although my feet feel like they have been burned, I don't see any damage to
the skin and the skin feels cold to the touch. Most likely that sensation
is due to my neuropathy or something.

I am beginning to dread the oven! Thankfully the toothless one was able to
help me for a few minutes to make sure the cats didn't get burned and to get
the mess cleaned up.

I guess on the plus side, I won't have to use the floor steamer on the part
of the kitchen! But what in the heck!? This is three burns I have gotten
in about a month's time! And I am not usually one who gets burned. I am
just glad that I was dressed as I was. If my husband had brought the
milkshake home like he was supposed to have, I wouldn't have bothered to get
dressed and I would have just had a knit nightshirt on. That would have
been bad!

And thankfully I had more chicken in the freezer.

Now off to the kitchen to make some rice. Hopefully I can do that right. I
am going to have to really overcook it and put a lot of extra liquid in
there because poor toothless can't seem to manage anything that requires any
amount of chewing. She was able to do chicken and noodle soup after I took
the immersion blender to it but her poor stomach can't seem to handle much
in the way of food right now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> [...]

>of the kitchen! But what in the heck!? This is three burns I have gotten
>in about a month's time! And I am not usually one who gets burned. I am
>just glad that I was dressed as I was. If my husband had brought the
>milkshake home like he was supposed to have, I wouldn't have bothered to get
>dressed and I would have just had a knit nightshirt on. That would have
>been bad!
>
>And thankfully I had more chicken in the freezer.
>
>Now off to the kitchen to make some rice. Hopefully I can do that right. I
>am going to have to really overcook it and put a lot of extra liquid in
>there because poor toothless can't seem to manage anything that requires any
>amount of chewing. She was able to do chicken and noodle soup after I took
>the immersion blender to it but her poor stomach can't seem to handle much

Jesus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> You should publish CliffsNotes for all your extremely long-winded
> drama. I started reading (yeah, silly me), then I realized it was 16
> paragraphs long.

I sowwy dat da big ole paragraphs confuse you Stevie. My bad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> [...]
> part of the kitchen! But what in the heck!? This is three burns I have
> gotten in about a month's time! And I am not usually one who gets burned.
> I am just glad that I was dressed as I was. If my husband had brought the
> milkshake home like he was supposed to have, I wouldn't have bothered to
> get dressed and I would have just had a knit nightshirt on. That would
> have been bad!
>
> And thankfully I had more chicken in the freezer.
>
> Now off to the kitchen to make some rice. Hopefully I can do that right.
> I am going to have to really overcook it and put a lot of extra liquid in
> there because poor toothless can't seem to manage anything that requires
> any amount of chewing. She was able to do chicken and noodle soup after I
> took the immersion blender to it but her poor stomach can't seem to handle

OMG!!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Les Schwab

>three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's)

>my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot

>my Daniel Green slipper boos

Do you get paid for product placement?

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:03:27 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>>Les Schwab

>>three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's)

>>my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot

>>my Daniel Green slipper boos

>Do you get paid for product placement?
>
>Doris

Does the Bove having her head shoved firmly and permanently up her ass
qualify as product placement?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/21/2016 11:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> then I realized it was 16
> paragraphs long.
>
> -sw

I have been stuffing my fat little ****ing face again with food I
'borrowed' from:

https://www.austinfoodbank.org/news/...unteer-quarter

OK I admit it, I am eating my way through Texas.

Make me a zip code, or two.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 10:11 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> You include your whole family's life story in practically every new
> topic you start.
>
> -sw

I have been stuffing my fat little ****ing face again with food I
'borrowed' from:

https://www.austinfoodbank.org/news/...unteer-quarter

OK I admit it, I am eating my way through Texas.

Make me a zip code, or two.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 10:21 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:03:27 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Les Schwab

>>> three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's)

>>> my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot

>>> my Daniel Green slipper boos

>> Do you get paid for product placement?
>>
>> Doris

> Does the Bove having her head shoved firmly and permanently up her ass
> qualify as product placement?

Do you need your face kicked in?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

<deletion for brevity's sake>

March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.

I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta in.

Although this did leave a hideous mess, I don't think my body sustained too
much damage. Could have been way worse! I can't even begin to explain how
this happened either. Except that I know that I was trying to do too much
in a short amount of time.

Anyway...my feet, legs and the floor became drenched with near boiling water.
Although my feet feel like they have been burned, I don't see any damage to
the skin and the skin feels cold to the touch. Most likely that sensation
is due to my neuropathy or something.

This is three burns I have gotten in about a month's time!
====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"propinquity" > wrote in message
> On 3/22/2016 10:21 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:03:27 -0400, Doris Night
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Do you get paid for product placement?
>>>
>>> Doris

>> Does the Bove having her head shoved firmly and permanently up her ass
>> qualify as product placement?
>>

> Do you need your face kicked in?

It could only improve his looks, and since everyone mentions brand names,
singling Julie out just proves that some people can't help responding to her
posts in a negative manner.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 11:06 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Does the Bove having her head shoved firmly and permanently up her ass
>>> qualify as product placement?
>>>

>> Do you need your face kicked in?

> It could only improve his looks, and since everyone mentions brand
> names, singling Julie out just proves that some people can't help
> responding to her posts in a negative manner.
>
> Cheri

The tit monger and his hatred will be extinguished by the forces of good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Les Schwab

>>three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's)

>>my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot

>>my Daniel Green slipper boos

> Do you get paid for product placement?

No. I only mentioned the brand in case someone else had them or had seen
them so they would know how thick they are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 00:54:14 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>> You should publish CliffsNotes for all your extremely long-winded
>>> drama. I started reading (yeah, silly me), then I realized it was 16
>>> paragraphs long.

>> I sowwy dat da big ole paragraphs confuse you Stevie. My bad.

> You include your whole family's life story in practically every new
> topic you start.

Hardly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

> <deletion for brevity's sake>
>
> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>
> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
> in.

No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
3 feet from the stove.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:21:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Roy" > wrote in message
>>
>> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>>
>> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
>> in.
>>

>No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
>3 feet from the stove.

Sounds paranormal in nature. Mayhap your pet psychic can refer you to
a reputable exorcist?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 2:21:42 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Roy" > wrote in message
> > On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

> > <deletion for brevity's sake>
> >
> > March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
> >
> > I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
> > in.
> >

> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
> 3 feet from the stove.

Probably "evil spirits" at work...they're going to get you yet. Ahahahahahahaha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove > wrote:

> "Roy" > wrote in message
>> On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

>> <deletion for brevity's sake>
>>
>> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>>
>> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
>> in.
>>

> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
> 3 feet from the stove.

Those darn poltergeists! Time to call in the psychics.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 2:24 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:21:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Roy" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>>>
>>> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
>>> in.
>>>

>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
>> 3 feet from the stove.

> Sounds paranormal in nature. Mayhap your pet psychic can refer you to
> a reputable exorcist?

Maybe I can ram a red hot fireplace poker up yer arse and pull it back
out yer nose, you Auztarded vermin!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 2:28 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 2:21:42 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> <deletion for brevity's sake>
>>>
>>> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>>>
>>> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
>>> in.
>>>

>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
>> 3 feet from the stove.

> Probably "evil spirits" at work...they're going to get you yet. Ahahahahahahaha

They already have you and Hell is where you're going.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 10:30 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> OK I admit it, I am eating my way through Texas.

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2016 10:31 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I have been stuffing my fat little ****ing face again

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:19:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Les Schwab

>>>three breaded chicken breasts (Schwan's)

>>>my large, oval, Rachael Ray pot

>>>my Daniel Green slipper boos

>> Do you get paid for product placement?

>No. I only mentioned the brand in case someone else had them or had seen
>them so they would know how thick they are

Who, Les Schwab? or the chicken breasts?

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:02:12 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:19:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>
>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Do you get paid for product placement?

>>No. I only mentioned the brand in case someone else had them or had seen
>>them so they would know how thick they are

>Who, Les Schwab? or the chicken breasts?

Hee hee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-22 4:24 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:21:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Roy" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>>>
>>> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
>>> in.
>>>

>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
>> 3 feet from the stove.

> Sounds paranormal in nature. Mayhap your pet psychic can refer you to
> a reputable exorcist?

It was that psychic racoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22/03/2016 10:58 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

> <deletion for brevity's sake>
>
> March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
>
> I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta in.
>
> Although this did leave a hideous mess, I don't think my body sustained too
> much damage. Could have been way worse! I can't even begin to explain how
> this happened either. Except that I know that I was trying to do too much
> in a short amount of time.
>
> Anyway...my feet, legs and the floor became drenched with near boiling water.
> Although my feet feel like they have been burned, I don't see any damage to
> the skin and the skin feels cold to the touch. Most likely that sensation
> is due to my neuropathy or something.
>
> This is three burns I have gotten in about a month's time!
> ====

Early onset dementia?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Canuckleheaded witticism?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:31:36 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-03-22 4:24 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:21:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
>>> 3 feet from the stove.

>> Sounds paranormal in nature. Mayhap your pet psychic can refer you to
>> a reputable exorcist?

>It was that psychic racoon.

What about the ghost of tossed meals past?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 5:55:46 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> [...]
> of the kitchen! But what in the heck!? This is three burns I have gotten
> in about a month's time! And I am not usually one who gets burned. I am
> just glad that I was dressed as I was. If my husband had brought the
> milkshake home like he was supposed to have, I wouldn't have bothered to get
> dressed and I would have just had a knit nightshirt on. That would have
> been bad!
>
> And thankfully I had more chicken in the freezer.
>
> Now off to the kitchen to make some rice. Hopefully I can do that right. I
> am going to have to really overcook it and put a lot of extra liquid in
> there because poor toothless can't seem to manage anything that requires any
> amount of chewing. She was able to do chicken and noodle soup after I took
> the immersion blender to it but her poor stomach can't seem to handle much

That's a awesome tale!

The kid that was living with us had a cup of water explode in his hand. I'm watching TV and I hear screaming and swearing coming from the room. My wife took him to the emergency room and he was hospitalized.

The good part about it is that his estranged mom visited him in the hospital and they made amends and he moved out of our house after staying for 4 years. Thanks, super-heated water in a cup!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Roy" > wrote in message
> > On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:55:46 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> Although this did leave a hideous mess...

> > <deletion for brevity's sake>
> >
> > March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed version.
> >
> > I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some pasta
> > in.
> >

> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is about
> 3 feet from the stove.

ummmm....no? The pot of hot water just "shot off the stove" while you
were
standing 3 feet away?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > <deletion for brevity's sake>
>> >
>> > March 21 2016 Julie Bovie - Tale of Woe - No charge - Condensed
>> > version.
>> >
>> > I accidentally tipped over a pot of hot water that I had cooked some
>> > pasta
>> > in.
>> >

>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is
>> about
>> 3 feet from the stove.

> ummmm....no? The pot of hot water just "shot off the stove" while you
> were
> standing 3 feet away?

Nobody else was in there. And it happened so fast. I just turned around
with the cheese in my hand and saw it fall.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> am going to have to really overcook it and put a lot of extra liquid in
>> there because poor toothless can't seem to manage anything that requires
>> any
>> amount of chewing. She was able to do chicken and noodle soup after I
>> took
>> the immersion blender to it but her poor stomach can't seem to handle
>> much
>> in the way of food right now.

> That's a awesome tale!
>
> The kid that was living with us had a cup of water explode in his hand.
> I'm watching TV and I hear screaming and swearing coming from the room. My
> wife took him to the emergency room and he was hospitalized.
>
> The good part about it is that his estranged mom visited him in the
> hospital and they made amends and he moved out of our house after staying
> for 4 years. Thanks, super-heated water in a cup!

I have heard of that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 18:43:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> No. I didn't tip anything over. The pot shot off of the stove. This is
>>> what I can not explain. I was standing at the cutting board which is
>>> about
>>> 3 feet from the stove.

>> ummmm....no? The pot of hot water just "shot off the stove" while you
>> were
>> standing 3 feet away?

>Nobody else was in there. And it happened so fast. I just turned around
>with the cheese in my hand and saw it fall.

Here's what happened:

> Although the oven was off, I didn't feel like sticking my head in there to
> put the cheese on because I was feeling a bit warm from all of the garage
> activity.

You were feeling a bit fuzzy-headed, and possibly were having blood
sugar issues at the time. So an accident of some type wouldn't be
unusual.

> So I removed the pan and set it on top of the pasta pot. Should
> have been fine as I didn't really take the time to get the correct sized pan
> and had used a large, lipped cookie sheet because it was already sitting in
> the dish drainer.

You had a pot of boiling water on the stove, and you put a random
cookie sheet full of chicken pieces on top of it. Did you check to see
that your chicken pieces were centered on the sheet and over the
center of your pan? If they weren't, they might cause your Rachel Ray
pan to become unbalanced. Was the pan on a front burner? And do you
have a gas or electric stove? If a gas range, I can easily imagine
this scenario causing a disaster.

At this point, I should mention that I have absolutely no idea what
the Rachael Ray pan looks like. If it is a bit top-heavy, and you
hurriedly put an unbalanced load on top of it, then there is a good
chance that it might tip over.

> I turned to get the cheese. Turned back when three slices of the Provolone
> when it all went very badly. Happened so very fast! Saw the Rachael Ray
> pan come flying at me along with the pan that the chicken was on.

It didn't "come flying at you." It tipped over and spilled because you
put something on top of it that shouldn't have been there. Perhaps you
*thought* it was flying at you, but this also might have been because
your blood sugar was a bit off and you weren't seeing correctly.

> This is what I do not understand. What would have caused that nearly full pan of
> water to come off of of the stove?

See above.

> Now I suppose it is possible that in my haste, I somehow didn't have it squarely on the burner but I can't see how.
> I have a big scoop that I use to remove the pasta from the water so the pan
> never left the stove.

You didn't have it squarely on the burner. Take my word for it.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 18:43:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> ummmm....no? The pot of hot water just "shot off the stove" while you
>>> were
>>> standing 3 feet away?

>>Nobody else was in there. And it happened so fast. I just turned around
>>with the cheese in my hand and saw it fall.

> Here's what happened:
>
>> Although the oven was off, I didn't feel like sticking my head in there
>> put the cheese on because I was feeling a bit warm from all of the garage
>> activity.

> You were feeling a bit fuzzy-headed, and possibly were having blood
> sugar issues at the time. So an accident of some type wouldn't be
> unusual.
>
>> So I removed the pan and set it on top of the pasta pot. Should
>> have been fine as I didn't really take the time to get the correct sized
>> pan
>> and had used a large, lipped cookie sheet because it was already sitting
>> in
>> the dish drainer.

> You had a pot of boiling water on the stove, and you put a random
> cookie sheet full of chicken pieces on top of it. Did you check to see
> that your chicken pieces were centered on the sheet and over the
> center of your pan? If they weren't, they might cause your Rachel Ray
> pan to become unbalanced. Was the pan on a front burner? And do you
> have a gas or electric stove? If a gas range, I can easily imagine
> this scenario causing a disaster.

That's not what I did at all. It was a cheap, lightweight cookie sheet with
only three little half chicken breasts on it. It wasn't heavy at all. The
Rachael Ray pan is heavy by itself and heavier still when full of water. It
was the front burner. Electric, not flat top.

> At this point, I should mention that I have absolutely no idea what
> the Rachael Ray pan looks like. If it is a bit top-heavy, and you
> hurriedly put an unbalanced load on top of it, then there is a good
> chance that it might tip over.
>
>> I turned to get the cheese. Turned back when three slices of the
>> Provolone
>> when it all went very badly. Happened so very fast! Saw the Rachael Ray
>> pan come flying at me along with the pan that the chicken was on.

> It didn't "come flying at you." It tipped over and spilled because you
> put something on top of it that shouldn't have been there. Perhaps you
> *thought* it was flying at you, but this also might have been because
> your blood sugar was a bit off and you weren't seeing correctly.

Nonsense. It's a large, oval pan. Here's a pic. And no, I did not buy it
there.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/r...7C-%7C3jMGUWkr

>> This is what I do not understand. What would have caused that nearly
>> full pan of
>> water to come off of of the stove?

> See above.
>
>> Now I suppose it is possible that in my haste, I somehow didn't have it
>> squarely on the burner but I can't see how.
>> I have a big scoop that I use to remove the pasta from the water so the
>> pan
>> never left the stove.

> You didn't have it squarely on the burner. Take my word for it.

There is no way that a lightweight cookie sheet with three dinky chicken
pieces could have put that off balance. Especially when full of water. It
is so heavy that I struggle to get it to the sink to empty it. Most of the
time when I fill it, I have to partially fill it, put it on the burner, then
use a large measuring cup to fill it the rest of the way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/23/2016 2:31 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I just threw up in my mouth.

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/23/2016 2:43 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It was the Poultryeist.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/21/2016 11:55 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Although this did leave a hideous mess, I don't think my body sustained
> too much damage. Could have been way worse! I can't even begin to
> explain how this happened either. Except that I know that I was trying
> to do too much in a short amount of time.
>
> Person who lives here had oral surgery on Friday and is not progressing
> as we had hoped.

(major snippage)

What the heck are you talking about? It takes you this long to say "I
didn't listen to that little voice in my head [yes, THAT voice, one of
many] that told me that I should have dumped the hot pasta water down
the sink and left the pot there while I put the Provolone on the
chicken. And that's where it all went wrong.

Although the oven was off, I didn't feel like sticking my head in there

(please don't make comments it that easy!)

to put the cheese on because I was feeling a bit warm from all of the
garage activity. So I removed the pan and set it on top of the pasta
pot. Should have been fine as I didn't really take the time to get the
correct sized pan and had used a large, lipped cookie sheet because it
was already sitting in the dish drainer.

I turned to get the cheese. Turned back when three slices of the
Provolone when it all went very badly.

Of course it did. If there wasn't a very bad story every few weeks we'd
wonder what was wrong.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/21/2016 11:55 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Anyway... The upshot of this was that my feet, legs and the floor
> became drenched with near boiling water. I knew that Jazzy (cat) was in
> the kitchen on a barstool but didn't know where Jetta was and I didn't
> want them getting into the boiling water.

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been, for you AND the cats!

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 3/21/2016 11:55 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Anyway... The upshot of this was that my feet, legs and the floor
>> became drenched with near boiling water. I knew that Jazzy (cat) was in
>> the kitchen on a barstool but didn't know where Jetta was and I didn't
>> want them getting into the boiling water.

> I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been, for you AND the cats!

Thanks!

Feeling the burn here! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 16 06-03-2016 11:28 PM
BURN Barry General Cooking 0 10-02-2007 04:32 AM
pre-burn necessary ? H Barbecue 3 24-10-2006 05:25 AM
Freezer burn Terry General Cooking 2 24-08-2006 03:14 AM
Burn David Rheault Wine 3 01-03-2004 11:42 PM