Mr. Karim A.Ladha

Default Brokenwood Graveyard Shiraz 2000 / question about oxidation.

Brokenwood Graveyard Shiraz 2000 / question about oxidation.

Recently purchased the above noted bottle / opened... 'Re-corked' the
sucker since I was unable to finish the 750 ml bottle (3/4 still full).
I used one of those 'vacuum manual pumps' to remove most of the oxygen.
Back into the refig. it went..

Tried the same bottle the following day... The smell had completely
changed; the sweetness was non-existent. The hint of 'spice' didn't
exist at all (after taste)...

'Re-corked' the bottle... Opened it up 1 hour later, poured a glass and
let it 'breath' for approx. 45 minutes... The taste/smell is back!!!

'Re-corked' the sucker again... Opened it up again 4-5 hours later. The
smell / 'spice' existed.

I am confused - I have only been experimenting w/ wine for the last
3+ months. I've 're-corked' other bottles such as Wynn's CSM, MASI
Amarone 1997, and Sav. Blanc 2001 (which started turning bad after
4 days).

Any information / advice is much appreciated... Confused!

Question re value Chards and Shiraz Mark Lipton Wine 17 10-02-2006 05:25 PM
Shiraz/Syrah Port Question J~ Wine 6 04-03-2005 01:17 PM
St Hallett's Cabernet Shiraz 2000 Oliver White Wine 1 28-07-2004 11:27 PM
Shiraz - Wine Rookie Question PattyC Wine 42 23-04-2004 04:00 AM
Newbie question about oxidation Rich Winemaking 4 03-12-2003 05:46 PM