JB

Default Zinie - Late Harvest Zinfandel from Chateau Potelle

First off, Happy Holidays!

Next up my question: Has anyone tried Chateau Potelle's Late Harvest
Zinfandel Zinie? It's described as being a "delicious Port-style wine
fermented and aged 18 months in French oak". I'd be interested in what your
tasting opinions are.

Thanks.

Leo Bueno

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:35:23 GMT, "JB" > wrote:

>First off, Happy Holidays!
>
>Next up my question: Has anyone tried Chateau Potelle's Late Harvest
>Zinfandel Zinie? It's described as being a "delicious Port-style wine
>fermented and aged 18 months in French oak". I'd be interested in what your
>tasting opinions are.
>
>Thanks.

Visited the winery last October. Tried the Zinie. The winery's
tasting sheet says:
* * *
ZINIE *Zinie's back but not for long! $28.00 $336.00
Late-Harvest Zinfandel. So unique, some have called it a "Baby Port".
A tiny release, even though we've doubled our production to a whopping
100 cases.
* * *
My notes indicates 500 ml bottles. My tasting comments simply say
"Not totally sweet".

Hope this helps.

TN: Cline 1987 Late Harvest Zin DPM Wine 16 05-10-2006 01:47 PM
Late Harvest Wine DWACON Wine 10 22-07-2006 10:29 AM
Late Harvest Wine DWACON General Cooking 3 21-07-2006 01:44 PM
TN: a real late harvest zin [email protected] Wine 0 28-03-2005 09:22 AM
Does "late harvest" equal Botrytis? Leo Bueno Wine 13 13-09-2004 10:15 PM