Cwdjrx _

Default TN Chateau Petrus 1973 - followup

I posted detailed notes on Petrus 73 here about two years ago. I just
opened a bottle, and it is still holding well. It is a bit lighter than
the last time, but the balance is still quite good. This must be one of
the few 73s still worth drinking. I believe the one remaining bottle
might hold up fairly well for about two more years. The fruit is still
good, and the tannins are not excessive, so the wine is pleasant alone
or with food. Of course it is much less powerful than a Petrus from oe
of the best years. This wine cost me a bit under $US 15. shortly after
release. How the world of wine has changed since then.

______________________________________

http://www.cwdjr.net/seasonal/SchumannHeink.html

______________________________________

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.

Bill Spohn

>1970 Trotanoy (CHF 39.00): Still lying firmly at 10°C/50°F ...

And should you ever come visiting to Canada, it could be just the thing to have
me haul out my last bottle of 1964 Trot.....;-)
Joel Hopwood

Cwdjrx _ > wrote:

> I posted detailed notes on Petrus 73 here about two years ago. I just
> opened a bottle, and it is still holding well. It is a bit lighter than
> the last time, but the balance is still quite good. This must be one of
> the few 73s still worth drinking. I believe the one remaining bottle
> might hold up fairly well for about two more years. The fruit is still
> good, and the tannins are not excessive, so the wine is pleasant alone
> or with food. Of course it is much less powerful than a Petrus from oe
> of the best years. This wine cost me a bit under $US 15. shortly after
> release. How the world of wine has changed since then.

Hiya,

I had the 1973 Lafleur-Petrus recently, which was holding well. It was a
nice, balanced drink that faded over the course of an hour or so, but
with some rose petal notes on the nose and a pleasant, attenuated
finish.

Cheers

Joel

TN: Chateau Petrus 1971 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 12-12-2011 10:02 PM
TN Chateau Petrus 1979 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 21-12-2009 08:27 PM
Chateau Petrus availability? Bi!! Wine 1 17-10-2009 09:08 PM
TN Chateau Palmer 1979 and Chateau La Gaffeliere 1964 cwdjrxyz Wine 1 17-09-2007 03:26 PM
Chateau Petrus Fred Wine 13 15-10-2005 06:52 PM