Martin Knott

Default Salice Salentino rec

I like this wine, but the quality tends to vary considerably from producer
to producer and year to year. can anyone drop me a note as to their
favourites? Buying in Europe, if that helps.

pavane

"Martin Knott" > wrote in message
> I like this wine, but the quality tends to vary considerably from producer
> to producer and year to year. can anyone drop me a note as to their
> favourites? Buying in Europe, if that helps.

Taurino is the most consistent of those that I have
tried, both the normal bottling and the reserve level
Notarpanaro. Once they get a bit of age on them
they shine. I believe 1997 is the current release
to pursue.

pavane

Thomas Hornikel

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Martin Knott" > wrote in message
> > I like this wine, but the quality tends to vary considerably from

producer
> > to producer and year to year. can anyone drop me a note as to their
> > favourites? Buying in Europe, if that helps.
> >

> Taurino is the most consistent of those that I have
> tried, both the normal bottling and the reserve level
> Notarpanaro. Once they get a bit of age on them
> they shine. I believe 1997 is the current release
> to pursue.
>
> pavane

I used to be a big fan of Taurino Salice Salentino. But, they seemed to
have sold out to the American palate. Lately, the wines have been very
"middle of the road". I miss the true regional style, and am cursed with
the fruity "fun" style that has brought down so many of my favorite
reasonably priced European wines that were sold in any volume in the
nineties.

Tom

Martin Knott

Indeed, 97 was the vintage that we tried first and liked the best. I
understand that quality is likely to vary from year to year, but the
difference is enormous for this wine. Thanks for the rec, I'll look out for
this one.

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Martin Knott" > wrote in message
> > I like this wine, but the quality tends to vary considerably from

producer
> > to producer and year to year. can anyone drop me a note as to their
> > favourites? Buying in Europe, if that helps.
> >

> Taurino is the most consistent of those that I have
> tried, both the normal bottling and the reserve level
> Notarpanaro. Once they get a bit of age on them
> they shine. I believe 1997 is the current release
> to pursue.
>
> pavane

Martin Knott

TN: Dull Salice Salentino DaleW Wine 3 01-09-2005 12:57 AM
TN: nothing exciting (mediocre Pauillac second, NZ SB, Salice S.) Dale Williams Wine 2 11-03-2004 09:29 PM