Michael Bartlett

Default TN: Chateua Le Rame

I've been drinking and collecting wine for about 3 or 4 years now without
having gone on any courses at all. In the last year I've started to pick up
a lot of "tasting" tastes such as chocolate/vanilla/different berries -
mainly on red wine as I drink red mostly.

Last night I had a desert wine at my favourite local (nice/expensive)
restaurant in Wandsworth, London called Chez Bruce. This is what I thought
and was wanting to see what my experience was like related to others to
"test" my abilities

Full upfront tastes of Oranges and Apricots with a lingering hint of
eucaliptis. Not as fleshy as some other desert wines that I've had, and a
tad on the dry side. All in all, went quite nicely with my Creme Brule
desert. 7/10.

Anyone else have experience with this desert wine? Eucaliptis was possibly
the closest description I got for the "je ne sais quas". Maybe someone could
give a better description of it? And, unforunately, I don't know what year
the vintage was.

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Michael Bartlett,

le/on Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:18:20 -0000, tu disais/you said:-

>Last night I had a desert wine at my favourite local (nice/expensive)
>restaurant in Wandsworth, London called Chez Bruce.

Excellent place. We went there last year when we were in London to celebrate
our 35th wedding anniversary. That's where we had a bizarre spanish sweet
wine (forget the name, forget all about it, but it sure was odd)!

Excellent house champagne by the way.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Sometimes oi just sits and thinks
Sometimes oi just sits.
Michael Bartlett

Default Chateua Le Rame

I found this online:

http://www.ewinexchange.com.au/porta...me_sticky.html
Pale gold in colour. A rounded aroma of citrus and apricot and estery banana
fruits, there are smoky nuances and a Pernod-like influence that can also be
found. Lacks just a little in focus on the palate (more acid needed?), the
citrus and banana fruits are supported by rockmelon and toasty wood
flavours. A persistent finish, stylish and likeable. Tasted July/00 - D.C.

So they didn't get the eucaliptis, so I'm hoping my immature palate was
fooled because of the "Lacks just a little focus.." comment. If you like
desert wines, I would suggest giving this one a bash sometime.