Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Happy Thanksgiving

As the saying goes....

The title says it all.

Just to wish all my friends in the USA a very happy Thanksgiving
tomorrow. May your wines be uncorked and yur Turkeys perfect, your
dressings tasty and your gravies a delight.

As for us.... we're defrosting the freezer!!
--
All the best
Fatty from Forges
Posted to alt.food.wine

"dickr2" > skrev i melding
> Can you imagine celebrating a "Viking" day with lutefisk and glogg?
> Me neither!
> :-)

A peculiar combination... :-) Glögg is mulled spiced red wine, some times
fortified with a liberal dash of brandy or port, and with chopped almonds or
hazelnuts and raisins thrown in - very popular in Sweden at parties in
November and December, much less used in Norway.

Lutefisk..., well it is dried fish that is reconstituted by firstly putting
it in cold water for a few days, changing it a few times, then in water with
lye a couple days, then rinsed thoroughly to remove traces of lye. Then it
is heated (not boiled - no more water is needed) - oven at 180C for
20minutes is good - and served with various accessories. Beer and aquavit
is the preferred drink.
Quite many people in Sweden, Norway and the U.S.(!) love it and deem it fit
for kings. Others hate it. Denmark does not have lutefisk, Finland does
partly (it was a part of Sweden till the 18th century)
:-)
Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 25, 3:07*pm, IanH > wrote:
> As the saying goes....
>
> The title says it all.
>
> Just to wish all my friends in the USA a very happy Thanksgiving
> tomorrow. May your wines be uncorked and yur Turkeys perfect, your
> dressings tasty and your gravies a delight.
>
> As for us.... we're defrosting the freezer!!
> --
> All the best
> Fatty from Forges

Thanks Ian, and a happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:07:33 +0100, IanH > wrote:

>As the saying goes....
>
>The title says it all.
>
>Just to wish all my friends in the USA a very happy Thanksgiving
>tomorrow. May your wines be uncorked and yur Turkeys perfect, your
>dressings tasty and your gravies a delight.
>
>As for us.... we're defrosting the freezer!!

Happy Thanksgiving anyone!

this is a great time to grab your most expensive wine and use it with
your friends...

be generous, offer wine!

I always think that a good wine can really make the difference in any
important lunch, more important than food...

--
http://NewOnlineShopping.net Read the article about the Star Wars Jersey!

http://TechGamesBlog.com USB Gadgets, Music, a Magic Wand and... Star Wars.
Posted to alt.food.wine

IanH wrote:
> As the saying goes....
>
> The title says it all.
>
> Just to wish all my friends in the USA a very happy Thanksgiving
> tomorrow. May your wines be uncorked and yur Turkeys perfect, your
> dressings tasty and your gravies a delight.
>
> As for us.... we're defrosting the freezer!!

Thanks for those thoughts, Ian, and a belated happy Thanksgiving to all.

Mark Lipton