Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cabinets

Having moved houses need to rethink wine storage (UK). I came across, but
have lost a site that reviewed different wine cabinets. I cannot afford
having a cellar dug (budget is around 1500 GBP - say 2000 USD) and I know
there are cabinets that will keep >100 bottles - which is all I need - at 12
deg, but that there have been issues of reliability.

Any advice welcome,

Thanks,

Gordon

Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

"Gordon MacPherson" > wrote in message
> Having moved houses need to rethink wine storage (UK). I came across, but
> have lost a site that reviewed different wine cabinets. I cannot afford
> having a cellar dug (budget is around 1500 GBP - say 2000 USD) and I know
> there are cabinets that will keep >100 bottles - which is all I need - at
> 12 deg, but that there have been issues of reliability.

My old house had a cellar and we moved to a modern box. I now have two these
in my garage

http://www.liebherr.com/hg/en/produc...2145-0_24574-0

Had them 4 years, no problems, (touch wood).

downside, they do not have sliding shelves, so accurate notes as to location
of individual bottles is important. I tend to empty them every year and
restock, always find the odd bottle that slipped through the net.

also look at vinocave, but pricey, the Liebhers were GBP 850 each, from
memory. They hold 250 each.

hint, if you get them, leave the external protective film on, esp. if in
garage.

HTH

JT (UK)

Posted to alt.food.wine

I am also a very happy customer of a Liebherr unit (WKS 5700). Mine is
supposed to hold about 280 bottles, but it is more like 200-220 (Champagne
and big bottles take up way mores space).

I wonder if i should change the filter. I once phoned the tech-service of
the brand here in Spain and they told me that they are maintenance free.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:25:43 -0000, "JT" >
wrote:

>My old house had a cellar and we moved to a modern box. I now have two these
>in my garage
>
>http://www.liebherr.com/hg/en/produc...2145-0_24574-0
>
>Had them 4 years, no problems, (touch wood).
>
>downside, they do not have sliding shelves, so accurate notes as to location
>of individual bottles is important. I tend to empty them every year and
>restock, always find the odd bottle that slipped through the net.

Can you run that math by me? The web page says this units holds as
many as 312 Bdx bottles. On seven shelves. The illustration shows the
shelves to be one bottle deep and maybe seven across. That means each
shelf would have to hold 45 bottles! Is that for real?

If so, it's no wonder stuff slips though the net. You have to unload
everything just to know what's under the upper layers of each shelf.
And those must be some beefy shelves, or all that wine would come
crashing down.

JJ
Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

> Can you run that math by me? The web page says this units holds as
> many as 312 Bdx bottles. On seven shelves. The illustration shows the
> shelves to be one bottle deep and maybe seven across. That means each
> shelf would have to hold 45 bottles! Is that for real?
>
> If so, it's no wonder stuff slips though the net. You have to unload
> everything just to know what's under the upper layers of each shelf.
> And those must be some beefy shelves, or all that wine would come
> crashing down.

Santiago explained thw maths, based on claret bottles, fizz and burgs take
up more space.

with claret i can get rows of 5,then six on top then five on top of those
and repeated head to tail deep

16 x 2 = 32 per shelf x 7 =224 per cabinet, thats claret, less for fizz and
burgs.

the shelves are made of thick steel and they do bow a little with a full
load.

I am a very happy customer and find emptying and refilling every year a
pleasant exercise for a wet and cold day

JT

Those corner cabinets ... Nancy Young General Cooking 20 14-05-2008 03:20 AM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] General Cooking 0 25-04-2008 01:41 AM
Cabinets Ward Abbott General Cooking 19 22-09-2005 06:26 PM
WTB: Used Kitchen Cabinets [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 17-03-2005 09:36 PM
WTB: Used Kitchen Cabinets [email protected] General Cooking 0 17-03-2005 09:35 PM