Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2001 Ex Voto Blanc and an SQN

We're in Vermont at our favorite wine and food destination Twin Farms
in Barnard vermont. We arrived in time for a lunch and we were served
a 2001 Guigal Ex Voto Blanc Hermitage to start with followed by a 2005
SQN Atlantis Fe2 O3-2b Grenache. these were served with a salad of
frisee, local smoked trout, brocolli rabe, homemade pasta tubes, red
and yellow grape tomato and a roasted tomato dressing. The Ex Voto
showed a bit of oxidation with a hint of old apple and sherried
notes. Oily on the palate but plenty of tasty honey, orange peel and
saffron. The 2005 SQN was full and rich, sleek and sexy. Ripe red
raspberry, red currant, a fairly astute minerality in the finish.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Bi!! wrote:
> We're in Vermont at our favorite wine and food destination Twin Farms
> in Barnard vermont. We arrived in time for a lunch and we were served
> a 2001 Guigal Ex Voto Blanc Hermitage to start with followed by a 2005
> SQN Atlantis Fe2 O3-2b Grenache. these were served with a salad of
> frisee, local smoked trout, brocolli rabe, homemade pasta tubes, red
> and yellow grape tomato and a roasted tomato dressing. The Ex Voto
> showed a bit of oxidation with a hint of old apple and sherried
> notes. Oily on the palate but plenty of tasty honey, orange peel and
> saffron. The 2005 SQN was full and rich, sleek and sexy. Ripe red
> raspberry, red currant, a fairly astute minerality in the finish.

Twin Farms is where Eric Reichenbach is/was, no? He used to post to
alt.food.wine years ago. Say hi to him if he's still there, Bill.
Interesting notes on two wines I'm unlikely to ever get the chance to try.

Thanks!
Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 2, 12:21�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
> > We're in Vermont at our favorite wine and food destination Twin Farms
> > in Barnard vermont. �We arrived in time for a lunch and we were served
> > a 2001 Guigal Ex Voto Blanc Hermitage to start with followed by a 2005
> > SQN Atlantis Fe2 O3-2b Grenache. �these were served with a salad of
> > frisee, local smoked trout, brocolli rabe, homemade pasta tubes, red
> > and yellow grape tomato and a roasted tomato dressing. The Ex Voto
> > showed a bit of oxidation with a hint of old apple and sherried
> > notes. �Oily on the palate but plenty of tasty honey, orange peel and
> > saffron. �The 2005 SQN was full and rich, sleek and sexy. �Ripe red
> > raspberry, red currant, a fairly astute minerality in the finish.

> Twin Farms is where Eric Reichenbach is/was, no? �He used to post to
> alt.food.wine years ago. �Say hi to him if he's still there, Bill..
> Interesting notes on two wines I'm unlikely to ever get the chance to try..
>
> Thanks!
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Yep, Eric is still here I know him well.