Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Niagara Ice Wines

Ok, done with trip...these were the two gems we found:

konzelmann ice wine

Royal DiMaria

While there were some very fancy wineries...too fancy for me...these two
were not but the wines were incredible.

To find these, I had to almost go into a diabetic coma as we tried about 16
other wineries...tough.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 1, 9:51�am, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Ok, done with trip...these were the two gems we found:
>
> konzelmann ice wine
>
> Royal DiMaria
>
> While there were some very fancy wineries...too fancy for me...these two
> were not but the wines were incredible.
>
> To find these, I had to almost go into a diabetic coma as we tried about 16
> other wineries...tough.

I know it's a tough job but somebody has to do it. How much were
these two wines?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Konzelmanns was very reasonable.....the vidal 2006 that cooincedentally was
a Top 100 Spectator wine(they did not advertise either) was only left in a
200ml and it was about $50 CAD. They also had an interesting late harvest
Riesling Traminer...I loved this one, very interesting in 375ml for about
$30 CAD.

The Royal Di Maria....lets say it was an economic stimulous. I purhchased
some 375's 1998, had a cognac type quality, most complex, for about $79.95
and a Cabernet Fran, some Chinon and some Chardonney...they ranged from $129
to $359 per 375 ML.

The vingates were assorted on these 2004 mostly some 2005 and 2006.

Both wineries were of my favorite wines. There was some fancier
wineries...but these wines were the ones I personally enjoyed more than the
rest.

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
On Jul 1, 9:51?am, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Ok, done with trip...these were the two gems we found:
>
> konzelmann ice wine
>
> Royal DiMaria
>
> While there were some very fancy wineries...too fancy for me...these two
> were not but the wines were incredible.
>
> To find these, I had to almost go into a diabetic coma as we tried about
> 16
> other wineries...tough.

I know it's a tough job but somebody has to do it. How much were
these two wines?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 2, 7:48�am, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Konzelmanns was very reasonable.....the vidal 2006 that cooincedentally was
> a Top 100 Spectator wine(they did not advertise either) �was only left in a
> 200ml and it was about $50 CAD. �They also had an interesting late harvest
> Riesling Traminer...I loved this one, very interesting in 375ml for about
> $30 CAD.
>
> The Royal Di Maria....lets say it was an economic stimulous. �I purhchased
> some 375's 1998, had a cognac type quality, most complex, for about $79.95
> and a Cabernet Fran, some Chinon and some Chardonney...they ranged from $129
> to $359 per 375 ML.
>
> The vingates were assorted on these 2004 mostly some 2005 and 2006.
>
> Both wineries were of my favorite wines. �There was some fancier
> wineries...but these wines were the ones I personally enjoyed more than the
> rest.
>
> "Bi!!" > wrote in message

> On Jul 1, 9:51?am, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
>
> > Ok, done with trip...these were the two gems we found:

> > konzelmann ice wine

> > Royal DiMaria

> > While there were some very fancy wineries...too fancy for me...these two
> > were not but the wines were incredible.

> > To find these, I had to almost go into a diabetic coma as we tried about
> > 16
> > other wineries...tough.

> I know it's a tough job but somebody has to do it. �How much were
> these two wines?

Thanks for the info and input.

Niagara VQAs Chuck Reid Wine 3 31-08-2010 03:16 PM
Niagara Ice Wines Richard Neidich Wine 5 19-06-2009 08:34 PM
Niagara on the lake Zeppo Wine 2 06-09-2006 08:07 PM
Alas Niagara.... Chuck Reid Wine 1 19-07-2005 04:44 AM
Niagara Juice Localnet Winemaking 4 01-10-2004 01:31 PM