Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Ex-AFWer makes good

RN74 in San Francisco is getting a lot of buzz for its wine list, but
early reports on the cooking are extremely positive. The chef? Former
poster Jason Berthold (JayBert41). Nice guy, I wish him luck!

http://michaelmina.net/rn74/

no affiliation, just know Jason slightly
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> RN74 in San Francisco is getting a lot of buzz for its wine list, but
> early reports on the cooking are extremely positive. The chef? Former
> poster Jason Berthold (JayBert41). Nice guy, I wish him luck!
>
> http://michaelmina.net/rn74/
>
> no affiliation, just know Jason slightly

Cool! That's good to know. I wonder if he'll offer an AFW discount? ;-)

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

>> RN74 in San Francisco

I _like_ that name ...

Cheers

Nils

Posted to alt.food.wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>>> RN74 in San Francisco

> I _like_ that name ...

Your comment prompted me to do some serious Googling for insight, Nils.
I've probably driven the RN 74 but had no memory of the name. Good call.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

It is my favorite roadname next to the N7, which no longer bears that name.
To me, N7 has a sort of Route 66 quality to it. I remember back in 2001, we
were driving from Beaune to Parc de Morvan, and I suddenly realised we were
on the N7 - that, had we continued straight on, sooner or later, we would
see the Mediterranean ... N83 is also cool.

Cheers

Nils

Posted to alt.food.wine

> <picky>Though on maps it shows as N7, it is actually officially the RN7.
> </picky>
>
> It continues in Italy as SS1 "via Aurelia" all the way to Rome.

Thank you, oh master. Arigato sensei.

I feel the theme of a new thread coming up ... fee fie fo fum ... yes ...

Cheers

Nils