Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Oh yes the romance of cork, good Sancerre, great Kab

With a shrimp/orzo/spinach feta dish and a pear/avocado/greens salad,
the 2005 Gerard Boulay "Les Monts Damnes " Sancerre. Bigger riper
version of Sancerre, mango and gooseberry. Despite big body, pretty
good core of acidity. Some gunflint mineral notes make it through the
fruit after awhile. Nice wine. B+/A-

Ah, the romance of cork. I really think the reason I paid for the 1997
Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spatlese and cellared it
for 5 or 6 years (didn't buy on release) was so I could enjoy the
stench of mildewed cardboard - romance!!

However, the 2001 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Schlossberg Riesling
Kabinett was a lovely wine. Nice counterpoint to a warm chicken salad
(with peanut sauce and red and green peppers) served over rice. Really
bracing acidity, racy as hell, but that's perfect for the food. Light
petrol notes, clean lime and green apple fruit, loooooonnnnggg for a
Kab. Precise, sprightly, clean, vivid. A-

*