Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "1001 Wines You Must Taste Before You Die" (new book)

Has anyone read it yet?:

http://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Mus...965972&sr=1-10
Posted to alt.food.wine

> wrote in message
> Has anyone read it yet?:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Mus...965972&sr=1-10

I haven't read it; thanks for the information.

Here's one I will look for - Not released yet.
Brunello, Montalcino and I: The Prince of Wines' True Story (Hardcover)

http://www.amazon.com/Brunello-Monta...5972618&sr=1-1

Posted to alt.food.wine

Dee wrote on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:46:28 -0500:

> > wrote in message
>> Has anyone read it yet?:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Mus...965972&sr=1-10

> I haven't read it; thanks for the information.

> Here's one I will look for - Not released yet.
> Brunello, Montalcino and I: The Prince of Wines' True Story
> (Hardcover)

I didn't see the OP but does the subject mean I will live for ever?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Dee wrote on Mon, 2 Mar 2009 00:46:28 -0500:
>

>> > wrote in message
>>> Has anyone read it yet?:
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Mus...965972&sr=1-10

>> I haven't read it; thanks for the information.

>> Here's one I will look for - Not released yet.
>> Brunello, Montalcino and I: The Prince of Wines' True Story
>> (Hardcover)

> I didn't see the OP but does the subject mean I will live for ever?
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Just try one a year, that will give you another 1,000 to go after that.
Good Thinking. I must try that!
:-))
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 2, 9:31*am, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

> >> I haven't read it; thanks for the information.

> >> Here's one I will look for - *Not released yet.
> >> Brunello, Montalcino and I: The Prince of Wines' True Story
> >> (Hardcover)

> > I didn't see the OP but does the subject mean I will live for ever?

> > --

> > James Silverton
> > Potomac, Maryland

> Just try one a year, that will give you another 1,000 to go after that.
> Good Thinking. *I must try that!
> :-))
> Dee Dee

I'm committed to tasting the 2049 Petrus before I die (must let it
mature, of course)

Posted to alt.food.wine

> wrote in message
> Has anyone read it yet?:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Mus...965972&sr=1-10

Had a quick look at it. You get an obviously subjective list of wines and
wineries, mostly historic and top-notch estates of the old world, few
surprises really. This book is part of a series "1001 hotels, 1001
restaurants, 1001 name-it-you've-got-it to ... before you die", so don't
expect something extraordinary.

Yves