Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 05 Leflaive with seafood

My turn to cook Friday as Betsy was in city for afternoon. By time she
got home I had started cooking- roasted monkfish, clams in a butter
herb sauce, braised kohlrabi, and asparagus. Wine was the 2005 Domaine
Leflaive Bourgogne. Big for a Bourgogne, ripe Fuji apple fruit with a
touch of lemon curd. Some fairly subdued vanilla notes. This seems fat
as to texture, but there is a nice acid backbone running through this.
With time it shows a more butterscottish note. Finish is quite good
for the level (of course prices are higher than other Bourgognes),
with a little bit of a pleasant chalky note. Very good wine, though
value might not be greatest. B+

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 8, 2:54�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> My turn to cook Friday as Betsy was in city for afternoon. By time she
> got home I had started cooking- roasted monkfish, clams in a butter
> herb sauce, braised kohlrabi, and asparagus. Wine was the 2005 Domaine
> Leflaive Bourgogne. Big for a Bourgogne, ripe Fuji apple fruit with a
> touch of lemon curd. Some fairly subdued vanilla notes. This seems fat
> as to texture, but there is a nice acid backbone running through this.
> With time it shows a more butterscottish note. Finish is quite good
> for the level (of course prices are higher than other Bourgognes),
> with a little bit of a pleasant chalky note. Very good wine, though
> value might not be greatest. B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> �

Dale, did you mark it down due to QPR ? I have the opportunity to buy
a few bottles but I don't want to pay the price for a "B" rated
Bourgogne.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 9, 9:50�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2:54 pm, DaleW > wrote:
>

> > My turn to cook Friday as Betsy was in city for afternoon. By time she
> > got home I had started cooking- roasted monkfish, clams in a butter
> > herb sauce, braised kohlrabi, and asparagus. Wine was the 2005 Domaine
> > Leflaive Bourgogne. Big for a Bourgogne, ripe Fuji apple fruit with a
> > touch of lemon curd. Some fairly subdued vanilla notes. This seems fat
> > as to texture, but there is a nice acid backbone running through this.
> > With time it shows a more butterscottish note. Finish is quite good
> > for the level (of course prices are higher than other Bourgognes),
> > with a little bit of a pleasant chalky note. Very good wine, though
> > value might not be greatest. B+

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> >

> Dale, did you mark it down due to QPR ? �I have the opportunity to buy
> a few bottles but I don't want to pay the price for a "B" rated
> Bourgogne.- Hide quoted text -

Bill,
as noted my grades are inconsistent. Even I don't know what I mean. I
gave it a B+, as in very good. I don't think it crosses the border to
greatness. I paid $35, and I was satisfied, as that's about village
level Puligny from most producers, and its easily at that level. I
also got the village Puligny at $59 and Clavoillon at $69.

Anne-Claude Leflaive RIP graham[_4_] Wine 2 14-04-2015 09:08 PM
Huet and O. Leflaive Bi!! Wine 2 01-12-2011 04:25 PM
Leflaive, Arietta and Phelps Bill S. Wine 3 15-08-2011 03:23 PM
TN Leflaive 2005 John T Wine 2 10-06-2008 07:39 AM
TN: Olivier Leflaive Chablis 2000 Mark Lipton Wine 2 09-06-2004 06:04 PM