Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wines from Portugal

Hello,

Is anyone here familiar with Portuguese wines? Any comments?

Thanks,

Jay

Posted to alt.food.wine

"J J Levin" > wrote in news:490c7457$0$4972
:

> Hello,
>
> Is anyone here familiar with Portuguese wines? Any comments?

I like them. Any question?

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"santiago" > wrote in message
. 96.78...
> "J J Levin" > wrote in news:490c7457$0$4972
> :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is anyone here familiar with Portuguese wines? Any comments?
>>

> I like them. Any question?
>
> s.

So do I. A local store here has a nice selection of Primavera Winery stock.
The Barriada an Baga varieties are some of the ones I've tried and bought
repeatedly. Just wondering if Portuguese wines meet the expectations of the
so-called experts, and why I have not heard more about them.

Jay

Posted to alt.food.wine

"J J Levin" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone here familiar with Portuguese wines? Any comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay

I buy wines from the region of Ribera del Duero (where Port usually comes
from, I believe).

Sometimes it is 100% tempranillo, and sometimes added with a percentage of
Cabernet Sauvignon.

They are many decent ones between $16-$20 IMO.

Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

>> Is anyone here familiar with Portuguese wines? Any comments?

> I buy wines from the region of Ribera del Duero (where Port
> usually comes from, I believe).

The river (Duero/Douro) is the same, the country however (Spain
vs. Portugal) is not.

M.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"J J Levin" > wrote in
:

> So do I. A local store here has a nice selection of Primavera Winery
> stock. The Barriada an Baga varieties are some of the ones I've tried
> and bought repeatedly. Just wondering if Portuguese wines meet the
> expectations of the so-called experts, and why I have not heard more
> about them.

Jay,

after the visits by Jay Miller for The Wine Advocate (Robert Parker's
famous wine bulletin), you can take for granted that Portugal is widely
recognized amongst wine experts about a great wine area.

Some wineries that I love that make dry wines in the Douro area:

- Quinta do Crasto
- Quinta do Vallado
- Pintas
- Poeira
- Roquette y Cazes Xisto
- Quinta do Vale Meao
- Tres Bagos

Best,

s.

"Very few wines made today in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece,Australia, Germany, Chile and Argentina, among other countries...taste theway they did 50 years ago." [email protected] Wine 5 19-02-2017 10:14 AM
TN: Portugal and elsewhere DaleW Wine 0 23-04-2013 04:57 PM
Portugal [email protected] General Cooking 0 20-02-2008 06:20 PM
looking recepies of portugal marc Mexican Cooking 1 02-04-2004 06:37 AM
Portugal Tore Nilsen Wine 1 02-03-2004 12:10 PM