Old 20-10-2008, 01:34 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default 00 Ch Gloria ST Julien

I am not a big fan of Cab but willing to make an exception for the right
wine, this was the right wine. A little closed on opening but by dinner 2
hours later showing very nice with a bit of tannin and menthol on the very
long finish. We had with filet and couldn't think of a better way to
celebrate 59 years.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old 20-10-2008, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter wrote:
I am not a big fan of Cab but willing to make an exception for the right
wine, this was the right wine. A little closed on opening but by dinner 2
hours later showing very nice with a bit of tannin and menthol on the very
long finish. We had with filet and couldn't think of a better way to
celebrate 59 years.

First of all, Happy Birthday, Joseph! Secondly, you not a fan of
Cabernet? Here I thought you loved those Cabs (Franc) from the Loire
Valley. ;-)

Mark Lipton
Old 20-10-2008, 01:16 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 19, 8:34�pm, Joseph Coulter wrote:
I am not a big fan of Cab but willing to make an exception for the right
wine, this was the right wine. A little closed on opening but by dinner 2
hours later showing very nice with a bit of tannin and menthol on the very
long finish. We had with filet and couldn't think of a better way to
celebrate 59 years.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Thanks for notes. I have a few of these tucked away
Happy Birthday!
Old 20-10-2008, 03:51 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton wrote in :

Joseph Coulter wrote:
I am not a big fan of Cab but willing to make an exception for the
right wine, this was the right wine. A little closed on opening but
by dinner 2 hours later showing very nice with a bit of tannin and
menthol on the very long finish. We had with filet and couldn't think
of a better way to celebrate 59 years.

First of all, Happy Birthday, Joseph! Secondly, you not a fan of
Cabernet? Here I thought you loved those Cabs (Franc) from the Loire
Valley. ;-)

Mark Lipton

Got me there! Just don't like those fancy "new" varietals, stick to the
basics I always say.

Old 22-10-2008, 09:12 AM posted to alt.food.wine

"lgblob" wrote:

I am not a big fan of Cab but willing to make an exception for
the right wine, this was the right wine. A little closed on
opening but by dinner 2 hours later showing very nice with a
bit of tannin and menthol on the very long finish. We had with
filet and couldn't think of a better way to celebrate 59 years.

What year???

Take a look at the subject: Clearly says "00", so it's the 2000
vintage.

M.

TN: Blind St Julien, with surprises DaleW Wine 2 01-05-2014 01:50 PM
TN: Mosel Kab and St Julien DaleW Wine 4 17-03-2008 06:13 PM
TN: 2 Barbaresco, 1 CdR, 1 Dao, 1 St. Julien DaleW Wine 7 04-11-2005 04:42 PM
St. Julien Lookalike? Almost Jim Wine 0 12-09-2005 01:14 PM
2000 Branair St. Julien Kestner Family Wine 0 13-11-2003 07:06 PM