Posted to alt.food.wine
FG FG is offline

Default D. Perignon 2000?

was it a good year?

thanks! cheers
Posted to alt.food.wine
FG FG is offline

Mike Tommasi wrote:
>> FG wrote:
>>> was it a good year?

>> In Champagne, only good years can be declared vintage and so marked.
>>

> My expert friend Pierre Yves Cainjo ( www.cerclechampenois.fr , an
> absolutely amazing source of information and of... bottles from all the
> best brands AND small producers ) writes about the 2000:
>
> "Le Millésime 2000 vient d’être dévoilé et reste remarquable. Une cuvée
> de très grande classe, un fl acon reconnaissable entre tous, le mythe
> est bel et bien là."

thanks Mike. yes it's declared vintage. the french text answers my
question.
gonna get it asap! the [soon to be empty] box/bottle will be saved

cheers
Posted to alt.food.wine
FG FG is offline

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> The comments were specific to the Cuvée Dom Perignon 2000, not just
> about any 2000 :-)
>
> Can I ask you how much you get it for over there, wherever that may be?

Mike, i thought so [re the french comment]. it seals the 'deal' LOL...
the price is around eur. 100, which is fairer than most other shops in
the country [i'm in Netherlands, btw.].

no special occasion to celebrate, being Aries i like living tomorrow
today. cheers
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 2, 3:40�pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> FG wrote:
> > Mike Tommasi wrote:

> >> The comments were specific to the Cuv�e Dom Perignon 2000, not just
> >> about any 2000 :-)

> >> Can I ask you how much you get it for over there, wherever that may be?

> > Mike, i thought so �[re the french comment]. �it seals the 'deal' LOL...
> > the price is around eur. 100, which is fairer than most other shops in
> > the country [i'm in Netherlands, btw.].

> As usual it is cheaper outside of France...
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

It's between $130-$150 USD. Thanks for the link.
Posted to alt.food.wine

$119 USD at my Costco!!!!

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
On Sep 2, 3:40?pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> FG wrote:
> > Mike Tommasi wrote:

> >> The comments were specific to the Cuv?e Dom Perignon 2000, not just
> >> about any 2000 :-)

> >> Can I ask you how much you get it for over there, wherever that may be?

> > Mike, i thought so ?[re the french comment]. ?it seals the 'deal' LOL...
> > the price is around eur. 100, which is fairer than most other shops in
> > the country [i'm in Netherlands, btw.].

> As usual it is cheaper outside of France...
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

It's between $130-$150 USD. Thanks for the link.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 2, 12:42�pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> FG wrote:
> > was it a good year?

> In Champagne, only good years can be declared vintage and so marked.
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Are there bad years?

Trying to think of recent years Moet didn't declare DP. Maybe '91,
'94, & '97? Pretty sure I've seen '90, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '99,
and now '00 is out. I don't remember a '97, though I've seen plenty of
other '97 Champagnes.

82 Cos, 2000 Bin 389, 2000 Gloria, 99 Stellenzicht, 85 Grahams Bill S. Wine 1 21-03-2010 07:06 PM
1955 Don Perignon qaz216 Wine 1 11-04-2005 10:26 PM
Dom Perignon villa deauville Wine 7 10-03-2004 05:23 PM
1934 Dom Perignon MGM Wine 0 22-12-2003 10:29 PM
Dom Perignon TOWINZ Winemaking 0 13-12-2003 07:39 PM