Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Taking one for the team (Y'tail Chard)

Inspired by Dale's selfless act of opening a K-J Chard, we tonight
opened a bottle of the 2007 Yellowtail Chardonnay that a friend had
given us a while ago. My one previous encounter with it, vcry early on
in the history of the brand, was a pleasant one, so I approached this
wine without too much dread. Indeed, it wasn't grotesque, showing a bit
of appley fruit, only a hint of oak and no buttery malolactic remnants
but also a bit of residual sugar. Our main reason for opening it was
Jean's desire for a low-acid white, something that we're not overly
endowed with here. It fit the bill admirably and was drinkable if not
exactly memorable.

Your reporter in the trenches,
Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Taking one for the team (Y'tail Chard)

On Jul 17, 1:03�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Inspired by Dale's selfless act of opening a K-J Chard,

Actually I opened a KJ SB, though it tasted indistinguishable from the
Chard.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> Is this a continuation of that thread about what to say when someone
> brings a wine you don't like?
>
> :-)

In a sense, but that was about when a friend opens a wine you don't
like. Here, we expressed great appreciation at the time (and drank
Margaritas instead) and opened it safely later when alone. ;-)

> I bought one at my local (french!) supermarket, and found it to be
> uninteresting but drinkable, however at 12€ it was not as good as some
> wines I buy occasionally for under 5€.

The pricetag on this bottle said $7.49 FYI.

Mark Lipton

Hey Om -- Took one for the team... kuvasz guy General Cooking 17 19-10-2006 09:30 PM
RFC Team Ken Davey General Cooking 0 03-10-2006 07:28 AM
Tail of the Tri Tip mtbchip Barbecue 6 16-10-2004 04:54 AM