Posted to alt.food.wine

Default NYT: More evidence that red wine may extend lifespan and improvehealth

From today's New York Times, a summary of more recent research that
suggests that red wine may have beneficial, life-extending effects at
much lower levels (i.e., less than 35 bottles a day):

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/he...h/04aging.html

For an overview of the research into the health effects, both positive
and negative, of wine by Yours Truly, listen to the May 14 podcast
("Wine and Health") by the New Wine Consumer:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...masterId=11888

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> From today's New York Times, a summary of more recent research that
> suggests that red wine may have beneficial, life-extending effects at
> much lower levels (i.e., less than 35 bottles a day):
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/he...h/04aging.html
>
> For an overview of the research into the health effects, both positive
> and negative, of wine by Yours Truly, listen to the May 14 podcast
> ("Wine and Health") by the New Wine Consumer:
>
> http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...masterId=11888

Whew! So now I can slow down my intake a bit?

Jon

Obama money may be used to extend BART to Oakland Airport Steve Pope General Cooking 1 15-02-2009 04:29 PM
dandeloin lifespan larya Winemaking 3 25-05-2006 01:38 AM
Will storing tomatos and onions in the frig extend their life [email protected] General Cooking 17 18-02-2005 03:39 AM
Will storing tomatoes and onions in the fridge extend their life Kate ...... General Cooking 0 15-02-2005 05:44 PM
Normal lifespan of a wine cabinet Night-Owl Wine 0 04-12-2004 04:13 PM