Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2002 Chablis

Betsy wasn't feeling 100%, so I volunteered to take over dinner
duties. I scrapped her recipe ideas,. and went for the grill. Bluefish
spread with mayo then grilled, and eggplant, along with leftover
barley and a green salad. Wine was the 2002 Rene & Vincent Dauvissat
Chablis. Ripe and big for Chablis AC, bright acidity, lemon and peach
fruit with notes of chalk and wax. Great balance of fruit and
minerals, something for everyone. Just the slighttest hint of
oxidative notes, but well in background - just a glimpse of nuttiness.
This bottle was drinking very well right now. B+

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> Betsy wasn't feeling 100%, so I volunteered to take over dinner
> duties. I scrapped her recipe ideas,. and went for the grill. Bluefish
> spread with mayo then grilled, and eggplant, along with leftover
> barley and a green salad. Wine was the 2002 Rene & Vincent Dauvissat
> Chablis. Ripe and big for Chablis AC, bright acidity, lemon and peach
> fruit with notes of chalk and wax. Great balance of fruit and
> minerals, something for everyone. Just the slighttest hint of
> oxidative notes, but well in background - just a glimpse of nuttiness.
> This bottle was drinking very well right now. B+

Nice note, Dale. Our supply of this went away a year or two ago, so
it's nice to see how it's developed. Given Jean's abhorrence of those
oxidative notes, I'm not unhappy that we drank ours when we did...

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> DaleW wrote:
> > Betsy wasn't feeling 100%, so I volunteered to take over dinner
> > duties. I scrapped her recipe ideas,. and went for the grill. Bluefish
> > spread with mayo then grilled, and eggplant, along with leftover
> > barley and a green salad. Wine was the 2002 Rene & Vincent Dauvissat
> > Chablis. Ripe and big for Chablis AC, bright acidity, lemon and peach
> > fruit with notes of chalk and wax. Great balance of fruit and
> > minerals, something for everyone. Just the slighttest hint of
> > oxidative notes, but well in background - just a glimpse of nuttiness.
> > This bottle was drinking very well right now. B+

> Nice note, Dale. Our supply of this went away a year or two ago, so
> it's nice to see how it's developed. Given Jean's abhorrence of those
> oxidative notes, I'm not unhappy that we drank ours when we did...
>
> Mark Lipton

Interesting mention Mark. My wife also does not like the oxidative notes
either so I generally don't keep my Chardonnays for more than 5-6 years
and this disappoints me because I like older Chardonnay.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 15, 1:19�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > Betsy wasn't feeling 100%, so I volunteered to take over dinner
> > duties. I scrapped her recipe ideas,. and went for the grill. Bluefish
> > spread with mayo then grilled, and eggplant, along with leftover
> > barley and a green salad. Wine was the 2002 Rene & Vincent Dauvissat
> > Chablis. Ripe and big for Chablis AC, bright acidity, lemon and peach
> > fruit with notes of chalk and wax. �Great balance of fruit and
> > minerals, something for everyone. Just the slighttest hint of
> > oxidative notes, but well in background - just a glimpse of nuttiness.
> > This bottle was drinking very well right now. B+

> Nice note, Dale. �Our supply of this went away a year or two ago, so
> it's nice to see how it's developed. �Given Jean's abhorrence of those
> oxidative notes, I'm not unhappy that we drank ours when we did...
>
> Mark Lipton

Mark and Larry,
oxidative notes were way in background. Doubt I would have commented
except I worried re Mark's recent comments about an '02 1er cru. Based
solely on the evidence of this bottle, I'd say this was doing well but
could hold for a few years. But as the whole PremOx thing has a bit of
randomness to it, I'd say better early than late. Have my last
remaining '02 Dauvissat (Forest? Sechets?) on Death Row. Some Fevre to
follow.

TN: 4 2002 Burgs, 4 2002 Bdx, plus a Huet and a Collin bubbly DaleW Wine 0 03-03-2017 09:24 PM
TN: nice Chablis, etc DaleW Wine 0 15-03-2009 06:00 PM
WTN: Chablis and Mosel DaleW Wine 0 21-12-2007 08:34 PM
TN '04 Fevre Chablis Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 02-07-2007 04:39 PM
TN: 2002 Telegramme (Brunier), 2002 Las Rocas Garnacha Chris Sprague Wine 3 26-02-2005 10:18 PM