Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 very different good wines (Muscadet, Coonawarra)

Got home Friday and popped the cork on a bottle of the 2005 Luneau-
Papin "Clos des Allees" Muscadet. Good taut acidity, but with an
almost creamy texture that round it out a bit. Lemon and honeydew,
with limestoney mineral notes on finish. A very nice wine for price, I
enjoy. B+

Thought about some shellfish to match with the Muscadet, but was
craving beef and found a nice 2" thick ribeye. Since I knew I could
carry any open bottles to dinner tonight at a friend from winegroup,
opened a red. One of the few Australians I own, the 2000*Parker*Estate
"Terra Rossa First Growth" (Coonawarra). I had quite enjoyed a
bottle of the '99 in Tokyo couple years ago. This is a bit lusher than
I remembered the '99, a bit blast of cassis fruit tinged with cocoa,
black plum, and cigar box. This is ripe but not over the top, a
pleasant wine to have with black'n'blue steak. B+/B

*