Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2005 Fusee Syrah?

Anybody tried the 2005 Fusee Syrah from Don Sebastiani? I saw it today
in a close-out bin for $6 (which seems to be about the usual retail
price for it anyway). Sebastiani occasionally makes drinkable budget
wines, but this one is new to me.

JJ
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:46:19 -0700, Curt Wohlgemuth

>> Anybody tried the 2005 Fusee Syrah from Don Sebastiani? I saw it today
>> in a close-out bin for $6 (which seems to be about the usual retail
>> price for it anyway). Sebastiani occasionally makes drinkable budget
>> wines, but this one is new to me.

>As respectfully as I can, I'll ask: Why not just buy it and try it out? I
>mean, for $6, what's the worst that can happen?

A bad hangover?

Seriously, they had the better part of a case sitting in a basket. I
figured if anyone had tried it and thought it was decent (I know -- at
$6 it could suck and you could still cook with it), it might be worth
getting the whole lot.

JJ

Posted to alt.food.wine

Okay, I bought a bottle. It's a perfectly drinkable Cal syrah, nothing
that will blow your doors off, but certainly not plonky. Rather floral
on the nose, with some blueberry backbone and a hint of smoke. A good
vin ordinaire or something you'd take to casual party.

And for six bucks? I'd better go back and get the rest of it before
someone else figures out what a good deal it is.

JJ

2005 SQN Atlantis Syrah Bi!! Wine 0 14-10-2013 07:06 PM
2005 Neiman Cellars "Caldwell Vineyard" Syrah Bi!! Wine 0 01-08-2013 03:17 PM
[TN] '01 Io Syrah Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 15-03-2010 05:56 PM
2005 Culler Casaeda Syrah Sonoma Coast Bi!! Wine 0 14-12-2007 02:25 PM
Syrah cybercat General Cooking 0 08-12-2006 01:03 AM