Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Ha, NYT today!

I don't know if this link will work directly:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/06/di...tml?ref=dining

But, heh. Cheers, back atcha!
d.
--
I didn't write it, but you can find the alt.food.wine FAQ he
http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com/
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:41:19 +0000 (UTC)
enoavidh > wrote:

> I don't know if this link will work directly:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/06/di...tml?ref=dining
>
> But, heh. Cheers, back atcha!
> d.

Thanks D. Registration is required but the link works for those with
a cookie.

Amusing to see Luneau-Papin -- as recently discussed here -- mentioned.

Less amusing to see that afw is a thing of the past. Up with usenet, say I.
We have, none the less, and in the face of trolls and robots, managed to
keep this one of the most civilized corners of the 'net.

cheers,

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

Great article - thanks for posting.

Gee - if internet wine geeks can push obscure wines into popularity,
and "Sideways" can throttle sales of Merlot, will this article spell
the doom of interent wine forums? chuckle ..

In article >

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Emery Davis" in :

> Less amusing to see that afw is a thing of the past.

Hi Emery. I don't read it so. Rather that at one time, online wine fora
consisted of Internet newsgroups and (later, though he doesn't mention that)
those offered by private subscription services (which tried to compete with
the Internet, which again he doesn't mention). I took it to imply that the
wine newsgroup was pioneering.

> We have, none the less, and in the face of trolls and robots, managed to
> keep this one of the most civilized corners of the 'net.

Agreed!

Cheers -- Max

Got a new one today Marilyn[_3_] General Cooking 0 16-04-2010 06:47 AM
Today Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 24-01-2009 06:30 AM
So...what'd you eat today?? Nexis General Cooking 17 05-07-2006 09:47 PM
Today Is. . . . . Chuck Kopsho General Cooking 6 14-01-2006 09:39 PM
That's it for today terrymcintire Recipes 1 16-10-2004 06:09 PM